By Oops - 02/12/2018 13:30

Today, I submitted some honest negative feedback to the customer service team of all my favourite games, Today is also the day all my accounts got permanently banned from my console and I have lost all my progress. Bye bye 22 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 811
You deserved it 976

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They did that because they make shitty games and are being petty toward you. I wouldn't support any company that does shit to their customers.

You're looking at this the wrong way. Create some new accounts, and spend the next 22 years reliving some great memories. Remember, there are people outside, and they have diseases, like chlamydia, and stupid.

Comments

They did that because they make shitty games and are being petty toward you. I wouldn't support any company that does shit to their customers.

You're looking at this the wrong way. Create some new accounts, and spend the next 22 years reliving some great memories. Remember, there are people outside, and they have diseases, like chlamydia, and stupid.

And, like chlamydia, stupidity is highly contagious. Maybe even more so.

Thankfully, I don't work with the general public anymore.

No one wants “honest, negative feedback.” If their customer base is stable or growing, their shit is “good enough” and whining won’t be tolerating. Only when customers are leaving in droves will they try to make improvements. This is how free-market capitalism works.

darkenedone 27

I'm curious what company this is, so I can avoid it.

im curious what game you've been playing for 22 years

tounces7 27

Sounds like a lot of different games. The only online game going for that long is "Ultima Online", at just about 22 years, though Everquest comes close, at 19 years.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who knows about Ultima Online, played for nearly 13 years.

tounces7 27

Make this Public and name them. I mean, what more can they do? Gamers are a notoriously fickle crowd. They learn of this and that company could lose a serious amount of business for being such assholes.

I bet your parents are glad that you may finally move out of their basement.

What console has been around for 22 years?

Nintendo, PlayStation, EA through pc or Mac

None of those consoles have been around for 22 years that people play. Also, the only one that you could download games, that a company could block you on has only been available for 12 years (PS3). He said it was his console, and there hasn't been a single console on the market for 22 years that a company would be able to do something like that this on. On a side note, PC games weren't downloaded until 2006, you bought the discs until then.

julfunky 29

Plenty. I think the more important question is what game company has been using actual player accounts for 22 years.

RhiRhi12120 5

Hey! OP here. Had to create an account to do this. This was Nintendo. After a heated conversation after this event, I found out it was because I swore in a survey. I said “shit”. For people saying I deserved it for that, I don’t think they should ban a 35 year old mans account for using that language, especially in that I got told it was a violation of a certain set of rules that had NOTHING about swearing in the guidelines. This was a Wii and the 22 years was a typo. It was actually 12 years. I bought another Wii and made another account but all the games that require wifi cannot be transferred. In conclusion Nintendo, if you’re reading this, please update your rules because if you ask for honest feedback in a survey you provide you shouldn’t be upset when people are honest with you about your shitty customer service team

But now you know why they have shity customer service, because they are shitty people that treat people like shit. But they don't want you to ever tell them that.

That seems very harsh for one swear word in a survey not visible to the public (I'm assuming, since most aren't.)

cptncuttlefish 24

I mean, you should have known better if you’ve been gaming with Nintendo for so long. You should know what they’re like after 12 years. But it still sucks and if you haven’t yet do try to contest the ban.

EinVoegelein 8

How does "Honest negative feedback" and "shit" go together? And doesn't the WII have CDs? Just disconnect your console and you should be able to play offline, or not? I've only got a handful of games on mine, but I never heard of a game that can only be played online.

eolis 1

Besides the fact that I highly doubt someone from Nintendo went to personally approach and ban someone who filled out one of their surveys over a swear word... Here you claim you’re a 35-year old man getting “banned” (when Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection has been discontinued since 2014 and it’s not possible to buy points to download games with from the Wii Shop Channel since last March) and 2 days later you’re suddenly an Australian girl who got rejected by her celebrity crush in her dream. Forgot to change accounts there, mate?