By SharpDressedMan - 13/11/2018 06:00 - United States - Leesburg

Today, I spent almost nine hours cleaning because I was promised I could go to junior prom if my room was cleaned. I missed a dust bunny and couldn't go. I had a date for this, who I'd had a crush on for over a year and barely managed to ask to go with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 106
You deserved it 333

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I mean, to be very honest, I cannot imagine what your room looked like to require nine hours of cleaning. But on the other hand, this sounds like they never intended to let you go. I'm very sorry, I hope at least your date is understanding and you get another chance for some time together, though I know it's not possible to substitute the experience of junior prom. Despite my gut feeling I hope once things have smoothed over a bit, you and your parents can work out a compromise of them giving you a bit more freedom if you pick up a bit more responsibility - and clean your room for an hour every week instead of nine hours for when it gets you something. All the best.

Comments

Sounds like strict parents. I used to be strict like that until it cost me my relationship with my kids. I hope your parents learn soon. That level of strict just isn't necessary and only causes pain.

He's a minor. The parents already said he couldn't go. If he does anyway, they can easily force him back with cops involved. Then he'd be in deeper shit for not obeying.

I mean, to be very honest, I cannot imagine what your room looked like to require nine hours of cleaning. But on the other hand, this sounds like they never intended to let you go. I'm very sorry, I hope at least your date is understanding and you get another chance for some time together, though I know it's not possible to substitute the experience of junior prom. Despite my gut feeling I hope once things have smoothed over a bit, you and your parents can work out a compromise of them giving you a bit more freedom if you pick up a bit more responsibility - and clean your room for an hour every week instead of nine hours for when it gets you something. All the best.

GUYMAINE 16

Climb out the window and go to the dance

There’s no way a dad would stand in the way of his son going on a hot date. So, that leaves mom and I’m guessing she has some Oedipal issues. Your mom probably had a throw-down dust bunny in store just to ****-block you.

Your parents never intended to let you go. They could have just made you clean up the dust bunny and then let you go.

I can’t wrap my head around how you clean ONE room for NINE hours and still miss a dustbunny?

My mom seems to think it takes that long. I mentioned cleaning my room in one night, and she said there’s no way that’s possible.

TeacherTeacher 11

I can clean my entire three bedroom house in 45 minutes. If it took you 9 hours to clean one room then you have a MUCH larger problem than not being allowed to go on a date.

You have my deepest empathy. My ex-wife was like that. I finally divorced her three years ago, and only one of my kids has figured out so far that I really mean it when I don't treat them the same way. Hang in there - you're almost through high school, and then you can get out and get away from them.