By dangeronpa - 14/06/2019 02:32

Today, I broke my glasses. My eyesight is horrible, I can’t see things that aren’t super close to my face. I'm supposed to drive to another state tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 694
You deserved it 205

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't! Please, for the love of everything, don't drive! Take a plane, take a bus, hitch a ride, whatever, just... wait, you could post to the Book of Faces: "Drive me to (state) or I will drive with my Mr.Magoo vision!"

have you tried to unbroke the glasses?

Comments

Just squint really hard. That's what my dad does since he refuses to go see an optometrist!

Your dad is a danger to everyone else. He seriously needs to be taken off the road until he finally gets his eyes taken care of.

have you tried to unbroke the glasses?

YDI for not having a spare pair of glasses.

if he's that blind his script is probably expensive af

If he's that blind he should have a second pair

Yea. I don’t have a spare despite how reliant I am on glasses. My prescription is very strong and very expensive even with insurance. It’s just not affordable for extras, especially when you need vastly new ones every couple of years.

Always keep a spare pair of glasses in your car!

Don't! Please, for the love of everything, don't drive! Take a plane, take a bus, hitch a ride, whatever, just... wait, you could post to the Book of Faces: "Drive me to (state) or I will drive with my Mr.Magoo vision!"

Who doesn’t keep an old pair as a spare?

Guess not, don't drive if you can't see the signs!!!

Go to the Eye Doctor and get a prescription for contacts. They will normally also give you a sample contact lense set to try on. This should get you through the time until your glasses are fixed.