By Carlee_Casten - 17/06/2014 20:51 - United Kingdom - London

Spicy
Today, I got called a slut. I don't know what is worse, the fact I was called it or that I felt strangely flattered that the person thought I was getting any. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 633
You deserved it 7 873

Carlee_Casten tells us more.

OP Here! I just wanted to say thank you for the really nice comments :) Just to clarify I am not a person who thinks sex is something that should be bragged or boasted about. I was trying to make an insult less hurtful. They caught me on a good day. Otherwise I wouldn't have taken it so well. But thanks again for the comments and for those that helped my FML get posted :)

Top comments

jeffandjeff 22

Seems a tad unwarranted but take it how you will.

It doesnt matter,OP. Its strongly disrespectful to call anyone that.

Comments

jeffandjeff 22

Seems a tad unwarranted but take it how you will.

I think OP got caught by the element of surprise. She could have easily flipped out and beat the crap out of the person (if you did I don't think anyone would blame ya OP!) kudos for turning the other cheek!

Always look on the bright side of life *whistle*

Possibly it was the way OP was dressed? Women's clothes usually are far more revealing than men's, whether they are aware of it or not. Maybe OP's blouse was hanging low showing some serious cleavage and she wasn't aware of it.

And why, exactly, does that warrant OP being called a derogatory name?

aruam365 24

#13 - As tempting as it can be, no matter what someone says to you, if you respond physically you're taking it to the next level and most certainly will be blamed for it legally. If someone says something nasty, by all means say something back but don't be an idiot and get yourself in legal trouble.

And that warrants being called a ****? You sure never hear it when men go around topless or with those really low V's and U's tops.

I don't know why everyone is jumping down 54's throat. He just said her clothing might be reason someone would call her a ****, not that it was justifiable. Geez.

#54 I accidentally thumbed up your comment and I want you to know I deeply regret it. People with your line of thinking are exactly why only 20% of rapes are ever reported and less than 2% make it to trial.

God you people are quick to judge. I didn't say it was perfectly justifiable. What I am saying is that if her clothes are more revealing (whether intentional or not) might give someone enough reason to say something like that. Does that mean they should? **** no. And #72, where the hell does rape factor into this? In no way did a mention anything about rape.

It doesnt matter,OP. Its strongly disrespectful to call anyone that.

1dvs_bstd 41

I was thinking "hmm so if she's getting some, does it make it acceptable for her to be called a sloot (sic)" except of course if it is more than one partner. It's not a flattering word, OP, EVER!

But what if the someone gets off to being called it

SauceySarah 30

I am strangely confused by the fact that you used "the fact" too many times in this FML.

nope, OP used it 3 times, it was edited by moderators i think.

How would you even use it three times in this

It went like this: Today, I got called a ****. I don't know what is worse, the fact I was called it or the fact that I felt strangely flattered by the fact that the person thought I was getting any. FML

Ihavegas 22

just like some people use 'actually'. saw it first hand at ANTM.

Why the fact did you use this term so often OP?

Well you can rest easy in the fact that you know you aren't one. So the fact that they called you one, while surely uncalled for, can be dismissed.

Apparently the term "****" was originally used to describe someone who had a messy or dirty bedroom. The more you know.

Ihavegas 22

I remember some comedian saying a **** is some girl who would sleep with everyone in the room. a bitch is a girl who would sleep with everyone in the room except you.

kingdomgirl94 29

*whiiiine* she'll sleep with anyone except meeeee! Its not faaaaiiiiiir. If she's loose how dare she not want to **** ME! I DESERVE sex if she's a **** anyways!!! Life is so UNFAIR and she's a total BITCH.

^^^ the premise of Elliot Rodger's video memoirs.

lasagnanarcotics 14

Maybe he was just using it as a generic insult. Lot of ignorant people these days, so you really can't doubt that as well.

Take it as you please OP, just don't let it ruin your day. :)

Schizomaniac 24

But apparently you don't get some.

Way to put a positive spin on something completely negative!