By Flandre - 23/12/2018 11:55

Today, I gave over $100 to my online friend in presents for Christmas, only to find out he can't use any because of his strict parents. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 077
You deserved it 495

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I will be your online friend. I don't live with my parents and will accept over $100 in gifts. I prefer gift cards they are everyone's size. I think it is crazy they can spend so much money on a friend, but at the same time the friend lives with their parents.

"Shit... what am I supposed to do with these key chains and flash drives that look like Satan?"

Comments

"Shit... what am I supposed to do with these key chains and flash drives that look like Satan?"

I will be your online friend. I don't live with my parents and will accept over $100 in gifts. I prefer gift cards they are everyone's size. I think it is crazy they can spend so much money on a friend, but at the same time the friend lives with their parents.

weaboo 12

LOL I have a friend that ever since he was young his parents didn’t sallow him to use money almost at all except for the occasional hangout with friends and the pizza\mcdonalds every day and the hundreds of dollars he saved up are all going to his collage fund

OP - Real friends are people you meet face to face and get to know. It was very foolish to give such an expensive gift to an “online friend”. Consider this a learning experience - You could lose a lot more.

kinslime 2

Stfu a lot of times online friends can be better than any friend you ever meet face to face, not like you’d know that though

I’ve had some of the same online friends for almost 20 years. We have gotten to meet each other in the past 10. It’s not uncommon for us to send expensive gifts back and forth. They’ve been there through good times and bad. One came to live with us and is like a son. You can make teal friends online. You just have to be careful not to think everyone you get along with online is a real friend.

WeirdUS 29

Well-meaning but very foolish. Online friends can be fun but unless you’ve actually met them face-to-face not the best idea . Even then $100 is a lot even if you know the person extremely well . More so in this instance since you didn’t know the person well enough to know that a gift like that wouldn’t be accepted. Your online friends may not be who they claim . Be wary of who you gift money to or things that can be sold especially online .