By GettingACat - 20/11/2018 03:00

Today, I found a mouse nest. In my glovebox. Made out of the $450 in rent money I was going to give my roommate that I had stored in there earlier for safe keeping. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 600
You deserved it 763

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You decided to keep your money in the glove box in your car long enough for it to be made into a nest instead of giving it to your roomie as soon as you get it? Were you having a fight with your wallet??

samomaha 17

Anywhere in a car is a terribly bad place to store money of any kind. Well, of any kind that you want to keep. As sadly learned, if it doesn't get stolen, it gets 'used'. Sorry, but YDI.

Comments

You decided to keep your money in the glove box in your car long enough for it to be made into a nest instead of giving it to your roomie as soon as you get it? Were you having a fight with your wallet??

I think the mouse could have made the nest overnight, it doesn't mean it had to have been sitting there for a long time

Regardless, storing money in a glovebox is really not a smart thing to do

samomaha 17

Anywhere in a car is a terribly bad place to store money of any kind. Well, of any kind that you want to keep. As sadly learned, if it doesn't get stolen, it gets 'used'. Sorry, but YDI.

StagGT 13

the fact that your car was dirty enough and the money was left in your car long enough is why this is deserved

Yes, because your glovebox is definitely the safest place to keep money you REALLY need.

So did your roommate fall for that story or what?

Take him to court & have him evicted. Make him pay double droppings for all the money used... only seems fair.

I don't see why others are so confused about this post. A glovebox is the most logical place to store your money short-term. I mean keeping it on your person is ridiculous. You could forget it's your rent, and accidentally use it to buy an Xbox One, and then neither you, nor the mice, will have a place to sleep.

Jorn van der Ar 13

Or a safe, even. They sell nice little fireproof safe boxes for about $50

First of all, why would someone buy an Xbox One? Second of all, bank accounts exist. Plus if you don't plan on using the money for a long while, you can put it into an investment plan that will let you take out more than you put in at the end.

I'm not going to answer everyone who comments on this, venting their "You're stupid, OP should be doing this" nonsense, so I'm going to say this once, and once only... I was being facetious. How is it so hard to see that in what I wrote?

I’m impressed the mice were able to find such an expensive home in this economy

Squidgegg 4

Why do you have mice in your car..? And are they dead now?