By gdog10122 - 12/01/2013 09:52 - United States

Today, I found out that my dad, thinking it was an advertisement, threw away a letter from the college I applied to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 199
You deserved it 2 663

Same thing different taste

Top comments

APersonalProblem 13

Can't you just call then and ask them to resend the letter? That's what I did :)

Comments

APersonalProblem 13
GoodLookingGeese 10

Probably not, that's why it is on FML, duuh

#62: Like Lisa tore tommy apart?? ("YOU'RE TEARING ME APART LISA!")

Well, on the bright side, it really could have been an advertisement from the college.

Maybe he saw that you were rejected and pretended to think it was junk mail to spare your feelings? You have an amazing dad! My dad doesn't even let me read my own mail. He just throws it into the fireplace unopened and locks me back in my room under the stairs.

Oh dear :/ ring the college and ask for it again? I'm sure they would understand.

StalkerChick 13

Or check the application status online

Can't you just call then and ask them to resend the letter? That's what I did :)

What if the person on the phone tells them "There is no need to resend the letter; you're not going here."? D:

Then at least they'll know what the letter said, than forever wonder if they were accepted.

I'd much rather know if I was or wasn't accepted to a college, even if it was over the phone, than find out way later that you picked a different college/career path than the one you did because your father threw a letter out. Even if it *was* junk mail, if it was addressed to you, no one has ANY business throwing it out but you. If the junk mail isn't addressed, it's probably a mass mailer (like pizza flyers or those things you get from real estate agents). If I remember correctly, I think tampering with someone's mail is technically illegal. =/

Sounds like something my dad would do. :P FYL

Dafuq?! Is there a way to contact the college to ask for another? Because I know some colleges do send a second letter in case the initial mail was waylaid or something like that... :/ My condolences mate.

Sorry for your luck. You can always call, and make your dad take you out for a nicer dinner or clothes shopping to make up for it.

Oh wow, I would be so mad! Try and call to see what it was, or check online. Good luck OP!

Don't worry that's not an important paper for work, that's a piece of advertising..

I don't quite catch you. Did you read the FML? It ain't advertistment.

I meant as payback on the dad.. As in that wasn't an important paper for work...

10-You didn't quite catch his comment. It flew right pass you.

Don't worry #10 I had no idea what they were saying either. I understood it after Noor's comment and then the commenter explained themselves and I'm confused again. Though possibly slightly less now.

Aw no! Good god i would be going though those bins for hours and later come inside looking like a hobo!

I can't believe the dad didn't even take the time to read it!

Yea that's exactly my issue with this situation. Ops dad didn't even give the letter a chance. I just don't understand how ops dad didn't know what college op was applying to or at least keep an eye out for any college letter.

Ya, I mean you should at least know what it is before you throw it away...