By ouch - 14/06/2012 11:26 - Australia - Collaroy

Today, my psychiatrist asked me if I felt bad about my weight. When I said no, he looked surprised and said, "Why not?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 998
You deserved it 5 025

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

U should have said yes, since ur a little on the chubby side according to the guy/girl

NzaHaFML 13

Now that's really unprofessional of that psychiatrist. Sorry Op

20 - really? I'm a bit overweight but I'm not going to say I'm ashamed of it or proud. I'm content with myself and I even have popular friends. No one cares about your weight it's your personality here. If OPs content with herself then good for them. They should not have to be sad all the time being ashamed of themself.

48- they dont call me the troller for nothing????

Srry bout the comment and the question mark bro

20- where in the fml did it say op was on the chubby side. Thin people can feel bad about their weight too. I hated being thin growing up people would assume I didnt eat, some even asked if I was anorexic but I love food & i now accept my body & I'm glad I don't gain wait so easily lol

Don't listen to him, you're beautiful. ( No **** if you're a guy )

CaramelMacchiato 13

54 - lol who calls you the troller?

xoconnie 8

77 no one asked for your life story.....

cocofruity123 0

Maybe the physiatrist has an insecurity about his/her own weight?

MrBrightside21 20

"So how do you FEEL about that?"

(Assuming op is obese) Some one has to talk to her/him about it. It's cool to have interventions with drug alcohol or similar addictions, don't see how an overheating addiction is different and off limits. And who better to start the conversation than a physiatrist.

I don't think that the psychiatrist meant it that way. I'm sure that when he asked why not he wanted op to say that he/she is fine with their body and that they are not insecure. I'm sure the psychiatrist didnt mean that you should feel insecure about your body, op.

My little piggy. I'm sorry I have always wanted to quote southpark.

You're right 2, screwing him WOULD be unprofessional.

aleeshttylXD 9

35, ur making aussies look bad.

He probably said that to get more time with op for more money

xoconnie 8

damn him..... if you are comfortable with who you are, dont worry about what anyone else thinks!

Right, who gives a crap if others are worried about your weight and want to help you be healthy! The psych wants to address the issue, and while that was a straight up shot, it will get the job done. Stop being ignorant. No, you shouldn't feel comfortable at certain weights because then you think everything's ok when all of a sudden different health issues appear and you freak. This might exclude people who are genetically bigger, but it doesn't mean they can just say f*ck it, I'm fine, when they really aren't. At a younger age you feel fine and don't worry about much, but you will feel it when you are past the middle mark. Young and stupid, as is usually the case.

lamort_fml 4

Why is 103 getting thumbed down?

what_ever2007 11

Studies show it is possible to be "overweight" AND healthy at the same time

the_anti_hipster 7

Difference between overweight and obese. But the long-term side effects of being overweight take a toll on the body--blood pressure, joint problems, heart conditions, vitamin deficiencies...but don't trust me, I'm just a certified personal trainer.

So you'd rather the guy she paid should lie to her and tell its fine? :l Being fat is a problem, and if you dont sort it out then you're the one who's screwing yourself, and you have nobody else to blame. Get to the gym.

Shrinks are just people we pay to have us explore just how shitty our lives are

something i find very theraputic is to think to myslef: someone out there is cleaning a tacobell toilets.

Igive...you're a ******* genius! Anyways...I do have to agree, my shrink just makes me feel like a fool for feeling how I feel

I had a couple of bad shrinks. One was like that Snl skit, Stuart smalley or whatever his name was. He was so judgemental. I have had some real good ones too that gave me the tools I needed to work with things. I will say though, the monk I work with is the best. A lot of modern psychology borrows principals from buddhism, so it's no wonder bhante has offered the best guidance. And without judging. Oh and it's free ;)

I think it's time to get a new psychiatrist.

No! I don't care if you were only a second later than 4! You are copying, and you need a proper citation! I want MLA format!

and you have 10 more thumbs up than him lol

86, your picture was the reaction to 79s comment...

Oh yeah he was definately serious #79. Yup cause he really wanted #61 to write in MLA format. Dumbass...

talloctopus 7

He was probably being honest. I mean if your big and all

iHeartRKO 5

Some people ARE comfortable in their skin... So if this person is fat he's supposed to feel shitty about it? You have no respect as a human being

Yea because being fat brings a whole lot of serious health issues. That kind of mentality that you have is why so many Americans are fat and unhealthy

Not just Americans. and not all are fat. I hate that generalisation. I'm ridiculously thin and that's just as bad sometimes.

I wanted to edit that^^ to something less related. Please bury it. This is what I wanted: Everyone is built differently and everyone feels differently. I've always been very thin(without trying) but despite getting shit for it, I love my body.

#56 I said many not all. And yes people are fat all around the world but in America it's much more prevalent than any other country

Yeah, except some people want you to feel bad about even being ten-twenty pounds overweight. Not fat, but not rail thin. Unless we know how big or small OP is, we can't judge if the psychiatrist had a point or if they're just being a judgmental asshat.

Dude, stop commenting. You're making Aussies look bad.

DKjazz 20

Hey. That's not very nice. You're the second person on this FML to say that. Do you not like his profile pic? His sense of humor? Even on FML, that's just uncalled for.

88) don't bother haters will be haters, and I honestly wouldn't care less how many I have.

koolkat27 13

41- I would've said the same thing #11 said actually.

Vash_41288 10

You know a psychiatrist is actually a medical doctor right? Psychologist are the ones that aren't actual medical doctors

perdix 29

He's just drumming up business. Talk to him more and I'll bet you'll hate your mom soon.

So your either like a toothpick or like a tank otherwise he wouldn't ask such a question

cassiebear7652 7

Or maybe the psychiatrist is just a jerk