By FUCK, NO. - 26/05/2019 06:11

Today, my pasty white boyfriend told me he intended to try and grow dreadlocks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 856
You deserved it 316

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I've been here before. Got sick of my hair, decided to shave it all off, boyfriend hated it. I told him to either learn to live with it or leave. He learned to live with it. Probably because he realised that he wasn't initially attracted to me for my hair alone. I have since continued to shave my head. Point is: If you love him, you'll respect his decision, even if it doesn't correspond with your own desires.

Comments

did you tell him you can't grow dreadlocks? you have to make them?

Why should his race matter? If you look throughout history so many ancient cultures have had dreadlocks (The Celts, Viking, Indians, Ancient Greeks, etc). Also, you can't 'grow' dreadlocks, they're formed by matted or braided hair.

and show him you intend to walk around the house dressed in all white refer to him as "boy" -you there boy get me a towel -boy make my dinner and dont forget to say "you people" ie: you people would do that.

I grew up in a very white place.growing up i wasnt allowed to bring home any person of colour. Had i dated anyone non-white and my family found out i would have been disowned and thrown out. Rap was refereed to as "****** music" and not allowed to be played in the house

I dont see a problem with that, my party whit boyfriend has dreads and he looks great. But yeah they are super high maintenance you need specific shampoos and have to do a deep wash once a month to remove any dirt that could have snuck in there. They are also time consuming to make, it took me 3 days to dread his whole head (15h did it over the week end in shots of 5h cuz it hurt my arms :P)

Please tell me he wasn't serious... He's about to be walking around with musty Grinch fingers dangling from his head.

Hahaha grinch fingers 😅😅 hilarious

oldtimer 3

He probably heard he won’t have to wash his hair as much.

Not sure if he still has them, but Keith Morris from Black Flag/Off!/Circle Jerks did the whole "white guy with dreadlocks" thing, and he pulled it off. An Afro or a Jheri Curl would probably look ridiculous on a white dude, though, so keep the dreads as a middle ground.