By Anonymous - 19/10/2015 09:26 - United States - Lexington

Today, my husband won't seek medical treatment for a condition he's been living with for years because he saw an episode of House, in which the treatment made the condition worse in a very rare instance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 068
You deserved it 1 827

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh television... Well tell him that for his own good, if he wants to stay alive in your house, he should go see treatment. I hope he gets better, good luck OP!

Maybe contact a physician and explain the condition so that they may attempt to make contact with your husband and explain the benefits of treatment.

Comments

tell him to grow up, get a set of balls, and go to the doctor

Easy for you to say. Don't worry OP, just keep trying and assure him that nothing horrible will happen.

No, assure him something horrible will happen if he doesn't get treatment, telling someone with a disease that nothing will happen if they don't get treatment can basically be killing them...

It's time you speak to him about it, clearly.

Since this is on FML, I'm going to assume that she tried to speak to him and it didn't work.

How else would she have found out about the House thing?

Get a cane and (literally or figuratively) make him.

He probably thinks no one ever has lupus either.

justcommenting19 19

#14 Except for the one time it was Lupus.

#33 That's the exception that proves the rule :)

Wouldn't that disprove the rule though? "never" isn't exactly a word meant to have exceptions.

OMG, I just realize that I really love House haha

You should try to get a doctor to convince him to use medical treatment because maybe he needs to hear it from them directly.

Surely having already seen House, he already knows the symptoms to look out for if it gets worse. So why is he worried?

Oh television... Well tell him that for his own good, if he wants to stay alive in your house, he should go see treatment. I hope he gets better, good luck OP!

Maybe contact a physician and explain the condition so that they may attempt to make contact with your husband and explain the benefits of treatment.

I hope he does not normally base his life decisions on TV shows. Fyl op.

He got another condition too. Believing the stuff shown in TV shows is real.

That's almost like saying you can use info from an episode of CSI to cover up a crime ?

A friend of mine once told me in a half serious half joking manner that she should be a surgeon because she had seen all the Grey's Anatomy episodes like ten times. I think she was more serious than joking.

To be fair most of the stuff they use on those shows.is at least based on some truth. You could at least learn some from it, though probably not anywhere near enough to actually properly hide a crime. The real professionals are much better and know much more what to look for since they don't have conveniently-placed evidence to work with. Still though my favorite thing about those shows is when the main characters lead the way into buildings with armed criminals wearing no body armor whatsoever.