By Tallie - 01/10/2018 12:00

Today, I fell down the stairs, breaking my foot and tendons. It was the first time I had ever broken anything, and the doctor said that it's the most complicated break he'd ever seen. It's too complicated to operate. Now I'm stuck in a wheelchair for god knows how long. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 170
You deserved it 209

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Burle 17

You should get a second opinion, doctors make mistakes too

Might be super inappropriate, but if you have an x-ray you'd be willing to share, it would be a great learning opportunity to see such a complex break!

Comments

Burle 17

You should get a second opinion, doctors make mistakes too

Might be super inappropriate, but if you have an x-ray you'd be willing to share, it would be a great learning opportunity to see such a complex break!

ViviMage 38

Paging DocBastard, Paging DocBastard. please come to Trauma Bay #FML

Hopefully there's a Orthopaedic Specialists in your area ☺️ good luck

I thought that tendons could be stretched or even torn but never heard of “breaking” them. Unless the bone itself, once broken, cut the tendon. But the pain would feel like dying. And yes. I’ve had a torn tendon once.

ViviMage 38

I almost shattered my left ankle falling off the steps of a school bus. Cracked the fibula and tibula under the knee, broke the growth plates right off the long bones at the ankle end, made the 8 bones in the ankle a complete hash and broke half the foot going towards the toes over the arch. It honestly looked like a Tetris game someone was losing in. I was also 12 at the time. They needed a 3D MRI to get a good look at what was going on inside my leg. The operation was 20% setting the bone while I was knocked out, trying to hike it up to put a plaster cast on, that ALMOST working, and 80% actual surgery when the leg literally fell apart in their hands putting the casting material on and they had to put in screws. (Which they told me most of the time it needs surgery and hardware). Get a few second opinions. And a 3D MRI. You don't want your bones to heal while they are unset. Healing makes it harder to get the broken bits to align right. I had my surgery less than a week from the fall. I also got an A in my human relations class since my surrogate baby (teen pregnancy simulation class) was just fine and survived the fall better than I did!