By Mel - 05/10/2015 04:21 - France - Toulouse

Today, I went to a group gym lesson. While working on our abs, the coach came through, touching our stomachs to check we were doing the exercises correctly. When he got to me, he asked, "How many kids have you got then?" I'm 22, and I've got none. FML
I agree, your life sucks 548
You deserved it 59

Top comments

Work those abs till they ask how many crunches you can do before your awesomeness makes the world explode!

She could be asking because labor uses muscles, and yours might feel like they've been used, a lot. Or be worried that you are pregnant and not want to risk someone having complications from exercising, which can and does happen since pregnancy runs right up against the metabolic limits of humans.

Comments

Tell her that its because of constipation

should've said "it's just the doughnuts, don't you remember seeing me this morning at krispy kreme"

I have seven tiny little food babys, thanks *wink*

It's possible she was trying to make conversation with you and confuse you with another person there who has kids

Should've said "I can make more than 1,000,000 appear on your face if you keep making fun of me."

#16 was being crude and immature, as they apparently think the appropriate response to an accidental insult is to place semen on the offender's face.

OP i used to get asked that ALL the time too till I did something about it (sexism since men never get asked that). Know that your instructor probably isn't articulate and this will simply be a memory when you finally reach your health/fitness goals! More power to you!

Llama_Face89 33

Pretty sure men are never asked if they have had a kid because......they cant.

I realise that, I mean, it's more of double standards. Men never get asked uncomfortable or inappropriate q's if they're overweight. Maybe I wasn't clear!

tarlax 11

Yeah 20, you weren't clear enough. You need to speak up so we can hear you over the sound of your idiotic generalizations over stuff you clearly know nothing about.

Men are capable of having children. One, some men do have wombs and vaginas. Two, babies do not magically appear in wombs and require the assistance of a second person in order to exist. So yes, men do have children. That said, males have insults thrown at them for being overweight like females do, except it usually centers on them being either perverts, 'nerds' or no longer bothering with their appearance because they are married. They possibly receive these insults slightly less, but I would say they are simply phrased in ways that don't focus on weight as the main issue. It would really just be better if people stopped making unsolicited comments on the appearances of others, in general.

screw people downvoting you 39, you are completely right

missyfiona89 28

You may be fat, but at least you're trying to do something about it. A person who's so insensitive shouldn't be teaching gym, or anything else for the matter.

I think this should also be an FML for the teacher. It would go something like this "Today in my gym class I might as well put my foot in my mouth, but instead I had verbal vomit and was rude and insensitive". Any way... Way to go on getting active and losing weight and getting fit and healthy! I bet it's making you feel great!

They may have felt something like a diastasis recti (abdominal muscle split). Very common in women following birth. But it can also be found very rarely in men and women (who have not had children) that have had abdominal surgery where the incision is made along the mid line. Don't worry about it, I get asked about my 'children' all the time. Apparently I'm very maternal and good with babies which gives me the illusion of motherhood.