By Takegami - 15/12/2018 17:30

Today. I had my first final exam. That would be fine if I hadn’t gotten sick 4 days ago. No one can go get my antibiotics, I feel like I’m dying and I can’t miss these exams under any circumstance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 537
You deserved it 187

Same thing different taste

Top comments

childlessmother 16

Ok so you are in college. A grown adult who obviously took themselves to the doctor. Take your ass to the drugstore and get your meds. Your parents are not always going to be there to help you.

Yes, you can. All schools have policies for valid medical crises.

Comments

manb91uk 22

Fishy.... First final exam... How many final exams do you have to take before you get to the final final exam?

Sofia94_fml 15

She's referring to different courses

This obviously went over your head. Lmao

I think it's funny. everyone here just has a stick shoved far up their ass

manb91uk 22

The sticks up their arses have sticks up their arses - I'm glad some people are intelligent enough to rcognise dry humour when they read it!

Jorn van der Ar 13

If you are telling your story orally, it fairly easy to detect sarkasm in the intonation of your voice. When you put your story in writing, the readers can't hear you and you seem to be dead serious. You have to write it differently to make the sarkasm more obvious. Internet is full of idiots who really are serious writing such momments like yours, some of them even back up later by implying it was dry humor. We have no means to verify whether you are one of them or not.

childlessmother 16

Ok so you are in college. A grown adult who obviously took themselves to the doctor. Take your ass to the drugstore and get your meds. Your parents are not always going to be there to help you.

way to self project. how could you possibly know there is not extenuating circumstances

Yes, you can. All schools have policies for valid medical crises.

Blunt person 16

It's not a medical crisis. It's a cold. A medical crisis would be if your leg was falling off.

chessu 21

So, if you need antibiotics, you've clearly been to the doctor. Last time I got given antibiotics I had acute tonsillitis with a near 40 degree fever and trust me I also felt like dying. The doctor told me not to go to work and while I wasn't given a fit note, because antibiotics usually kick in within a week (and they don't want to give you one for less than that in the UK), I can't imagine being declined one if you have an important exam in a few days. I can relate to not having anyone to help you and I after waiting 1.5 hours (crying of pain!) in the GP waiting room, I then dragged my still crying a$$ to the drugstore and then to grocery store to stock up (on ice cream) before passing out for like two days at home, so I can't understand why you didn't ask for a note and go get the antibiotics straight after? Also, you've now either missed your exam or have dragged yourself there, so again - if you can drag yourself to school, drag yourself to get a fit note and some medication instead. Leaning towards a YDI here little..

goes to show how much america values grades over general health

OP here. Going to clear up a few things. The school nurse (who is the first floor of the boys form) was the one who prescribed the antibiotics for me. No one who could drive that I asked to pick them up for me could. I told my professors I was ill but I still wasn’t allowed to miss the exams for that reason. I lack a vehicle to get from A to B so my options were limited to say the least especially since I got an ear infection a day after I posted. I have the meds now, better late then never I guess.

Blunt person 16

Drive YOURSELF or TAKE PUBLIC TRANSIT.

If you have a Doctors note you can pretty much miss any exam and sit them when you are well

Blunt person 16

Get them yourself. It's not that hard.