By RejectRaven - 29/12/2018 04:00

Today, my two year old got out of her crib while I was sleeping and destroyed $700 worth of my makeup from Sephora. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 620
You deserved it 1 579

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Alup132 22

The real question is, why are you spending $700 on makeup?

I sympathize and yet I don’t. I have a toddler so I know about this particular force of nature. I also know that when she gets into things, its usually my fault for not locking it up or laying down the law.

Comments

Alup132 22

The real question is, why are you spending $700 on makeup?

Nikki K 10

it's possible she accumulated it over a period time or could even have a job or side gig as a makeup artist.

We all spend our money on things others would find silly. Over time, it adds up.

Red Swingle 5

they might be either financially sound or it's make up they collected over the years. adds up

It definitely accumulates! Setting aside the fact OP may be a makeup artists ($700 is bare minimum for a makeup artists box though) Eye shadow Palettes range from $20-200 depending on brand. High quality lipsticks range $20-60, Foundations $20-80. We have multiples of foundations for different seasons, Palettes for different colours, Primers, Blushes, Highlighters, Contours, Mascara, and every variety of that kind. So many colours and that doesn't even touch on the Brushes for them all! Higher quality makeup lasts longer and works better. Same reason why you buy higher quality clothes over Walmart brand. If someone lost $700 in clothes, that could range from 20 outfits(cheapo) to 4 outfits (expensive).

STFU01 14

YDI for buying $700 worth of makeup from Sephora !

Because it's her money and she is free to whatever she likes with it?

But Walmart brand is no worse, you’re just paying for the label.

Because it’s free speech and people are allowed to question people’s decisions?

Take it as a compliment - Your 2 year old thinks you look beautiful without makeup!

I sympathize and yet I don’t. I have a toddler so I know about this particular force of nature. I also know that when she gets into things, its usually my fault for not locking it up or laying down the law.

100% Agree. I have two boys, and all it took was them being able to stand and reach the edge of the counter to know to lock everything away. They are curious, they want everything mommy and daddy uses. Those fancy brushes and boxes holding powders and creams? It's like a magnet for them. I feel bad for OP. That's a lot of makeup gone, and I'm sure a lot of palettes!

YDI for having $700 worth of makeup. That's more than a monthly house payment for some people.

Good makeup costs money, don't slam on people for choosing what they want to spend money on. It's not $700 a month. An eye shadow palette lasts years, You buy in what new colours or brands you like. Lipsticks, Mascara, Primer, Foundation, Everything adds up. I could say the same for people who buy a Video game monthly. $60 a month for a year is $720.

STFU01 14

If you want quality makeup, it is NOT at Sephora... I'll bet it was laying out all over the place. Should have spent some of that on baby proofing.

My makeup stays in a lock box in the bathroom and it was bought for me by friends and family as gifts

tapdancecolumbia 14

I dunno what happened to my "you deserved it" button (they changed it, but brought it back, now it's gone again?), but you do. You have a 2 yr old and didn't properly store your $700 product. If it was where she could get into it, "but she's in her crib!" or not, you dun goofed.

amberlys2025 9

why is it in the kids reach. if swallowed it could be dangerous..sorry op but you definitely deserved it

Blunt person 16

Serves you right for leaving it where your kid can get to it

I mean, at least your kid is ok, right. Kinda more important

I was happy it wasn’t cleaning supplies which are kept in a cabinet that is completely child proofed

You mean she probably destroyed maybe $150 worth of makeup that you bought at Sephora at the incredibly inflated price of $700?