By Anonymous - 07/12/2018 07:30 - United States - Rockville Centre

Today, my girlfriend of 3 months broke up with me via text and said she was keeping the cat. I've had the cat since for seven years since she was a kitten. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 353
You deserved it 228

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If she’s only a girlfriend of two months, how is she in a position to even attempt to keep the cat?

Yeah, no, screw that. That is your cat.

Comments

If she’s only a girlfriend of two months, how is she in a position to even attempt to keep the cat?

Yeah, no, screw that. That is your cat.

I'd contact your local police to see if anything can be done legally. I'm sure since the cat was yours well before the relationship started, you might be able to get her on theft.

police can try, but 9 out of 10 times they'd say it's a civil matter and tell you to sue the other person

Virids 13

Maybe if the cat has a chip he can prove that it's his.

It's just a cat. Go get a dog. The cat will get sick of your exs crap claw her eyes out and come back to you....

davek 36

Change the locks right now. Throw her and her stuff out, leave her with nothing more than the clothes she stands up in, not even her phone, purse or any ID or document proving she exists or even has the right to be in the country. Do anything, and I mean anything, to keep/recover the cat. Screw the legal channels.

"Yes, officer. That's the guy that has all my identification." I thought I was the dumbest person on this app.

eabm911 3

Maybe you should sniff her fingers to see if she’s been touching that pussy (cat).

crazycatlady1890 10

If all the records, including those from when you got her, are in your name, the cat is legally considered your property. If the ex is serious, call the cops.

This is what small claims court is for. If you have adaptions, vet records and pictures it’s an easy open and shut case. Go see Judge Judy!