By fuji - 16/10/2018 17:30

Today, I was pulled over and given a ticket for a broken tail light. On the way to the mechanic. To get my tail light fixed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 303
You deserved it 180

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you get it fixed right away and show the judge you did so, they often will throw out the ticket.

IrieStorm 9

Did you tell the cop that? If you did, and he still gave you a ticket, FYL. If not, YDI.

Comments

If you get it fixed right away and show the judge you did so, they often will throw out the ticket.

was coming in to say the exact same thing. this ticket should be dismissed as long as she can show prof that she was headed to the mechanic. an appointment card from the shop should be enough.

IrieStorm 9

Did you tell the cop that? If you did, and he still gave you a ticket, FYL. If not, YDI.

Yea, I got pulled over for a RBT and one of the cops there was going to give me a defect for my front tyres being slightly too low on tread they were technically bald, but I was able to show them a work order from that morning showing I'd purchased more and was due to get them fitted that afternoon when they arrived in. Some cops are good about that some, others are just the law is the law so, here's a ticket.

Depending on where you live, if you show proof that you have it fixed then you don't have to pay.