#priceless

By Clorpy - 30/03/2018 07:00

Today, I was at the Kings Avalanche game in Denver. Anže Kopitar scored a hat trick and people threw hats in. Someone ripped my own hat off my head and tossed it on the ice. It was a gift from my dead grandparents with my name stitched onto it. I’ve had it for 15 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 996
You deserved it 392

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If anyone at that game is reading this, please help in the search for a hat with "Clorpy" on it.

Go to the lost and found after the game and get your hat back. A better plan is to become a fan of the Florida Panthers. When a player gets 3 goals, they throw rubber rats on the ice! Hopefully, your grandparents didn’t give you a special rubber rat.

Comments

If anyone at that game is reading this, please help in the search for a hat with "Clorpy" on it.

Go to the lost and found after the game and get your hat back. A better plan is to become a fan of the Florida Panthers. When a player gets 3 goals, they throw rubber rats on the ice! Hopefully, your grandparents didn’t give you a special rubber rat.

No, they throw hats. The rubber rats are for victories.

Donut_Wizard 23

So turn to the asshat that took your hat, and throw their wig into the ice.

liltmac 7

Fellow denver person here. That sucks to hear 😕 also a very sad loss for the Avs

At least your hat will be easy to find since your name is on it. Not like the twenty gym towels with no name at my gym's lost and found.

WeirdUS 29

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Wrong. People are prone to do dumb shit almost anywhere. That's like not wearing a wedding ring because you fear someone will take it off and throw it. We should feel comfortable enough to do what we want without a stranger touching us. People are not entitled to put their hands on anybody or anybody's belongings. I hope OP finds his hat.

Yeah, people act dumb at sporting events, but stealing someone's hat to throw on the ice after a hat trick is utterly douchey. Either bring a hat to throw in case it happens or just cheer for your team. But don't snatch a stranger's hat from his/her head and throw it. Sheesh. OP, hopefully you went to lost and found and were able to get your hat back. If the Kings do a hat trick wall (some teams do, although I don't remember seeing one when I was at Staples Center a couple of years ago), you might also be able to get your hat from there.

WeirdUS 29

No.Full stop You’re wrong stupid shit is bound to happen anywhere but increased likelihood at sporting &events concerts. That’s what the person did right now but if it’s that important and you don’t need to have it on you leave it at home

So now we have to make sure we dont bring ANYTHING we don't want to lose because someone may act like an asshole? I would have had him arrested, and you're the delusional one.

“Sorry you’re a victim buttttttttt” Nice victim shaming.

Lobby_Bee 17

I hope you toss this asshat onto the ice.

Probably a bit late now but for future reference I'm pretty sure they let you get your hats back after the game.

people who are saying check the lost and found: they donate the hats after the game, they don't go to the lost and found. I used to work for a few nhl teams and all the ones I worked for did this.

The Caps and the Flyers (yes, I have braved the hostile confines of Wells Fargo Center) have hat trick walls where they display the hats thrown after players scored them. So some hats go there.

Idk why you’d wear that to a game where throwing hats is a thing, but what that guy did was not right. He had no right to touch you or your property, and I’m sure you could report him for theft.