PokeCrash

By BrokenPoke - 09/01/2018 09:00 - United States - Elkhart

Today, my wife screamed to stop the car in an intersection, so I slammed on the brakes. From the left, an SUV rammed full force into us. My wife is unharmed, but I now have a broken left arm and our car is totaled. On the bright side, she caught the Pokémon in the road. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 611
You deserved it 940

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don’t blame Pokémon Go - I play on both my husband’s and I’s phones while he’s driving. I would *maybe* ask him to pull over or turn around to grab a Pokémon if it were incredibly important to the game, but never in a MILLION YEARS would I endanger lives for a Pokémon. You and your wife need to have a serious talk. A very, very serious talk.

For the people saying he deserves it, if someone screams, and I mean literally screams like it's life or death, in the car for me to stop, I'm going to hit the brakes because maybe they see something that's about to go wrong that I didn't notice.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I don't know, it sounds like OP was driving normally but thought they had missed something and would hit someone as their wife had screamed out of the blue, so dangerously.

I think you've read the situation wrong - the wife was playing Pokémon Go on her phone whilst OP was driving and because she was about to miss the Pokémon, she yelled stop and her partner (the OP) obviously thought that there was a real-life incident about to occur when she yelled stop and so they slammed on the brakes, causing the accident to happen. All I can say is that OP's wife obviously has a problem with addiction and should probably get help because she nearly killed them both.

Your wife acted more than just foolish, I hope she will pay for the damage...

Don’t blame Pokémon Go - I play on both my husband’s and I’s phones while he’s driving. I would *maybe* ask him to pull over or turn around to grab a Pokémon if it were incredibly important to the game, but never in a MILLION YEARS would I endanger lives for a Pokémon. You and your wife need to have a serious talk. A very, very serious talk.

BeardedLondoner 24

Do blame Pokemon go and the idiots who play it.

You are a hero, sir! If not for your brave sacrifice, the SUV surely would have killed the poor, little Pokémon. You are a credit to humanity...and Pokémonity!

Lobby_Bee 17

This one will make an interesting story on your insurance history.

Sometimes you just gotta catch them all!

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Guess that ppl in a driving car shouldn't play pokemo go, regardless of who's driving...

BeardedLondoner 24

That's right. It's a stupid game for brain dead, consumerist, zombies. Any person that plays it and are above the age of 13 are *****.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

There's a reason it's called pokemon GO and not Pokemon DRIVE

The OP wasn't the one playing Pokémon Go, his wife was.

LeoCor 19

Funny because “Go” is a term for movement or starting up, not walking. So technically Pokémon Go can very well mean driving at the same time. However OP wasn’t play with the game and if he was, there is warnings all over the game

AzrielB 8

This doesn't make sense unless OP was running a red light, ydi

neuronerd 28

Yeah. I was thinking the same, or that the other car was running a light. The only possible thing that could make sense is if OP had a stop sign, and went to cross when he had just enough time to make it before the other car, but in that situation, they'd be highly aware of the other car(s) coming. Given that he's saying she yelled to stop to catch a Pokemon, if he had been at a stop sign, she could have gotten it easily, so the only reason to yell about stopping would require OP to be going at a decent speed. Therefore, someone was running a light to make this plausible.

Maybe the light just changed as he went through, but obviously the light wouldn't have accounted for someone braking suddenly at an intersection - either that or the other car was running a red light. Nevertheless, still a dangerous place to stop and I completely blame the wife.

Running a red light, in a parking lot, crossing lanes of traffic, driving straight across a busy road...wtf does it matter if you can reconstruct the accident in your head?

neuronerd 28

Because several FMLs turn out to be BS.