By nanall - 04/06/2012 07:19 - United States

Today, my 24-year-old brother tried to convince me that Hogwarts is real, because there is no way a person could have written that based on imagination. My parents agreed with him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 217
You deserved it 4 503

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, the dementors are going to take your brother to Azkaban now because he told you.. And i'll gladly come with him!

Of Hogwarts is real... You didn't get your acceptance letter? Poor Muggle :,(

Comments

Well, the dementors are going to take your brother to Azkaban now because he told you.. And i'll gladly come with him!

lamort_fml 4

You...you mean it isn't real?

Surely the dementors would have locked up JK Rowling first for revealing the wizarding world's secrets?

They could of have let her do it just for trying to see how dumb we people are and even if that world is true, i know that i'm not a wizard since i didn't get my letter when i became 11. :(

Oh, you wouldn't want to go to Azkaban. It's a sad place. I knew a guy who got the Dementor's Kiss.

Of course, I got my acceptance letter the moment I turned eleven.

boxbrandon11 20

How is this an FML it is your brother and parents being dumb.

RedPillSucks 31

I got a french kiss from a dementor. I could feel the tongue coming out my ass.

Of course it's real, I study there! My profile pic is of me and a fellow student named Ron Weasley, great guy:-)

Hogwarts is a dump, next year I'm going to transfer to Pigfarts.

Hogwarts and everything J.K.Rowling wrote about it is fantasy, but the castle they shot the movies in is a real place somewhere in Scotland I believe.

104 - Thank you for trying to be nice, but i hope you're joking :l

No! Hogwarts is false? I might as well have no soul now.

60 How are you going to get there?? Pigfarts is on Mars!!!

HyperRofl 0

149 - you've got to run face first into the bear roaming around in the London zoo. Once your face connects with its torso at high speed you will be instantly teleported to pigfarts on mars - where all your magical dreams will come true.

149- I NEED a rocketship. I bet Moonshoes Potter has one..

Next they'll be telling us Santa isn't real.

jellycorn 13

Dear those who did not recieve their Hogwarts acceptance letter, We are regretful to announce that the reason for this does involve the great Hogwarts battle. As you-know-who has changed the acceptance of muggleborn students, young witches and wizards everywhere have not received their letter. If you are one of these, please contact professor Longbottom via owl. If you are of pure blood status and have not received a letter, I regret to inform you that you are a squib. Regards, Professor Mcgonagall, Deputy head Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry

17. You probably did.. Your parents might have a stash in the attic. You just weren't important enough for Hagrid to come get you.

Draco Malfoy: My father will hear about this.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Thank you for the idiotic comment. Oh, and congratulations on offending a lot of people.

I forgot that using the mentally disabled in jokes is looked down upon now. I apologi… Actually **** you all :D

You must be really nice in real life. Another reason why we need a sarcasm font.

26, I wonder if you would have the same attitude if you had a child with a mental illness or a loved one with a relative who was sick. Pretty heartless, despite it being a joke.

syley 5

29) Your pic goes so perfectly with that comment!

2 - i understand your comment was meant to be funny. what's actually funny is that many people with autism think on a higher level than you, and probably all of them have a better heart

IW_RIOT 7

Why is everyone getting offended? Like get the **** over it. I have mentally disabled people in my family, but I don't care because I know it's a joke. People need to stop being so weak minded.

Are you saying that you don't care of their mental illness because "you know it's a joke"? just twisting your words, asshole.

IW_RIOT 7

Yea I reread that over and was like shit. I meant like I know they have the illness and all and that sucks. What I don't care about is the jokes people make about it in general. Like if you were making fun of that specific person then that's different. I don't care because I know that it's nothing personal and it's a generalization.

I actually wasn't offended, despite having a brother with down's syndrome. I just don't make the connection between autism and stupidity, just like when people say "that's gay," I don't understand how that can mean something bad or unfortunate.

GingerPanda94 6

Jackass! How DARE you compare OP's parents with people diagnosed with autism, you clearly have no idea what the condition is and therefore should NOT make any reference towards it.

75 don't you realize generalizing people with autism as being stupid is a bad thing?! It's not a joke and it's not funny. Like someone else said they are a hell of a lot smarter than most of us, especially you!

I usually take jokes well but this was just ignorant. Many autistics are much smarter than the average person.

Is every person in your family a jackass? Substituting the word "autistic" for "stupid" is not and never will be okay. It just makes you an ass, so stfu bro.

And I'm saying believe in magic, you Muggle!

It's real, I meet my friend Mr. Snuffleupagus there for green eggs and ham, which we get at nice little coffee shop on Sesame Street in Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

Kefka91 15

47 - Don't be stupid. Eggs aren't real...

subgub2222 16

I made a stupid comment and in order prevent all of you from being exposed to my stupidity, I changed the comment to this.

i read this as "you were being puked" not only did it give me a very messed up mental image but also made me realize how much i do need my glasses lol

Of Hogwarts is real... You didn't get your acceptance letter? Poor Muggle :,(

Of course* Sorry about that missing word

Hiimhaileypotter 52

You're not supposed to tell the Muggles it's real you dumbass! -points wand at Muggles *Obliviate!*

citymayer 7

I remember praying that I'd get my acceptance letter on my 11th birthday... I stopped believing in Santa when I was 6. Sense. I have none.

the_anti_hipster 7

You...you mean SANTA'S not real either?! My world is ending! Now, if you'll excuse me, my unicorn is hungry.

Next you're going to say the Great Pumpkin and the Easter Bunny aren't real!?

jellycorn 13

I'm sure the dark lord will be pleased to hear that.

I always wait for the Great Pumpkin every Halloween :D But he hasn't blessed me with his presence yet. Maybe my pumpkin patch isn't sincere enough.

Surely they are not being serious. Calm down.

shadyxlane 4

They are serious, and don't call him Shirley. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

bigtaytay 13

R-E-T, A-R-D, it's the RETARD family! it's the RETARD family! *clap clap*

I really wish I could be as cool as you, coming up with such beautiful and meaningful songs like that. Just kidding, you're actually a moron.

BubbleGrunge 18

Sure Big TayTay, cause your wrestling infatuation is makes you oh so intelligent.

Leadamp 7

Says the guy that watches WWE. You must be so insightful.

Interesting argument though, I know the same has been said about the Bible. Without setting of a religious debate, I would like to say that the Harry Potter universe isn't really that more intricate than any other work of fiction I am aware of. So, your brother and your family are probably idiots.

RedPillSucks 31

The Tolkin trilogy, Sherlock Holmes, Edgar Allen Poe, etc. (Hopefully, religious war averted?)

*Tolkein and that's not even what his works are called >:|

I can't believe I managed to spell Tolkien wrong while correcting someone and I didn't notice. Well ****, I come across as rather retarded now, don't I?

RedPillSucks 31

I wasn't trying to site the title, but the author. (Yes, I know Sherlock Holmes was written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle). The point was you knew what I was referring to.

99 - You did manage to spell Tolkien as Tolkin though.

Seriously, what I said is that offensive? I was merely pointing out the history of the argument used by the brother.

Rainy_Dayz2012 0

I know someone else who's an idiot.

Did they think that quidditch was real too??

If you're havin' quidditch problems I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a snitch 'aint one. Sorry, I saw this somewhere and I just had to.

ArielTheMermaid 17

13 brohoof for your pic :D

wanderingshopper 13

Unfortunately, a lot of the colleges have adopted "quidditch teams" and they run around chasing a guy dressed in gold with brronsticks between their legs! I would not have believed it if they hadn't shown it on the news!!!

I'm on the Nor Hills Senior High-school Quidditch team