By Andrew7847 - 11/01/2012 17:02 - United States

Today, I finally managed to get through to the radio station that I always listen to. I handed the phone to my dad so he could win the prize for me, because I'm under 18. He hung up because he thought it was a prank call. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 292
You deserved it 4 601

Same thing different taste

Top comments

drewberto420 0

You didnt explain to him what you were doing first YDI

Comments

drewberto420 0

You didnt explain to him what you were doing first YDI

n_epic_fail 14

You should have lied... I promise your noes won't grow.

He probably had to hand the phone off to his pops quickly. The radio station isn't going to hold while he explains. But hopefully he said something and didn't just hand him the phone.

PYLrulz 17

28 - not necessarily true. I had called in and won a prize through a radio station years back when I was under 18, and they allowed me to put my mom on the phone to accept the prize.

OP Im sorry to say but YDI. You could have won the prize and got your dad to to get it from yhe radio station. Just lie for the time being.

Don't worry OP, 18 will come soon and then you can move out of that idiot's house.

Yeah and had her mom go collect the prize. Stupid OP.

unoffensivename 0

Name: "Andrew" followed by numbers. If you know a girl named andrew, I'd like to meet her and offer my condolences.

It's always best to EXPLAIN to them first. I would have also hung up if you randomly handed me a phone. Or you know, wait till you can legaly win to try.

BeaterOfTheDrums 15

When the prize is concert tickets to an all ages show, why do I need to be 18 to win them?

It's usually the law, they couldn't give you the tickets because if you went to say a concert you won tickets to as a minor and didn't ask your parents first then you got hurt the station could be liable. So it's just easier for them to say you must be 18 or older to win.

BeaterOfTheDrums 15

Any all ages show I've ever been to, no matter what the band, no one ever got hurt. If someone fell in a mosh pit, everyone stops and helps them back up.. Maybe that's just the kind of community I live in though,

Blacksabbath211 9

That's the community dude, I was at a few concerts recently, and was nearly squashed by a few moshers who were at least double or triple my weight (that's unfortunately not an exaggeration, andI'm like 165, do the math o.O but I digress.) that happened because people wouldn't help me up or allow me space to get a footing. So yeah, it's always the community xD Moshing is still amazing tho xD (as long as hardcore dancers stay out Dx)

TheDrifter 23

Hey you're caller ten! Hello? Well it sucks to be you.

AlaskanEskimo34 0

They do try to con everyone nowadays. Damn spam.

The prize was "One Free Colonoscopy at DocBastard's Fun, Free Clinic". Trust me, you're not missing much.

But Doc your Colonoscopys are the best!!

Takuya272727 16

Speaking of DocBastard, I haven't seen him lately. What happened? Did his meth lab explode?

Can't tell if trolling or illiterate...

Nanner789 0

Dads... Gotta love them. Sorry OP!

If you can't legally win it you shouldn't be calling. I'm sure that it wasn't a good prize anyway.

It was probally only like a couple hundred dollars or sold out tickets. But yeah probally nothing good.