By Anonymous - 11/10/2018 13:30

Today, I was offered a position as a trainer at a great company. My manager was livid when I told her. This is after she told me I was wasting my time trying to become a trainer and if I wanted to become one, I should apply elsewhere. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 847
You deserved it 212

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I really don’t understand how this is an fml? Sounds like it played out exactly in your favour

Why did you tell your current manager? If you want to work for a different company give her your two weeks notice and leave.

Comments

I really don’t understand how this is an fml? Sounds like it played out exactly in your favour

tounces7 27

FML for the Manager maybe. "Today, I just realized I stuck my foot in my damn mouth and lost a good employee".

Why did you tell your current manager? If you want to work for a different company give her your two weeks notice and leave.

I'm sure that's why OP told the manager in the first place.

This is like the exact opposite of FML

Mungolikecandy 19

Isn't this a success? You are out of a work environment you dislike towards the job you really want to do.

Sounds like she’s mad at herself. You should thank her “sweetly” for her advice to apply elsewhere. :)

onceuponatime456 16

Definitely NOT an FML! You have a new job so give your notice and go!

onceuponatime456 16

You might want to tell her to go f**l herself too!

PenguinPal3017 19

I hope you mean that today you accepted a position as trainer at a great company. You called your manager's bluff, good for you.

Wait, she told you to apply somewhere else if you wanted to be a trainer, so you did, you got the position, and she's mad? Well, she deserves it. They probably had their own fercockta reasons for not promoting you to a trainer, and now you'll be somewhere else. And congrats on the new position. I hope it works out well for you.

Congratulations! There is nothing she can do and props for proving her wrong. While some are saying you should tell her off for being a downer, I suggest you do not do that since burning bridges is never a good thing. You never know if you will work with her again, and based on the post, it seems like she works in the same field. Even if not, you proved her wrong at the end of the day, so you might as well leave with grace. A silent revenge is more powerful than anything else.