By sosoram - 13/10/2018 05:00 - United States - Victorville

Today, I learned that the gentleman who found my wallet was not satisfied with the $300 cash and forged a check for a washer and dryer. I found out when I checked my account. It cleared. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 410
You deserved it 173

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Call your bank, and report identity theft. Hopefully, the store will have security cameras, and the police will catch the son of a bitch.

I'm actually surprised. Most stores, if they even take checks, require the person to provide ID

Comments

Call your bank, and report identity theft. Hopefully, the store will have security cameras, and the police will catch the son of a bitch.

I'm actually surprised. Most stores, if they even take checks, require the person to provide ID

ThatGuy9679 13

yes but they don't have OPs face

So, are you suggesting that OP’s wallet was stolen by his “twin”?

tounces7 27

It's possible the store didn't look very closely at the ID.

onceuponatime456 16

The bank is responsible for letting the cheque go through!

tounces7 27

The business is responsible for accepting the check. It was up to them to check and verify ID.

I guess the fellow got sick of manually draining his old one.

Find out where it was delivered and take them to court

Is no one going to ask my this guy had checks in his wallent?

Call your bank and tell them the whole story. They should give you back the money and try to chase down the forger.

At least he’ll be able to do some good money laundering.

Usually only small stores with or without check scanners train employee's to check an ID as well but alot of large corporate chain store's simply just scan check and say have a nice day because it holds up the line and costs more to train them to check ID's.

tounces7 27

This sounds strange. Who keeps checks in their wallet?