True Love

By Marriedtoajew - 03/01/2018 19:00

Today, while in the hospital recovering from surgery, I got into a fight with my wife. Apparently, she feels that I shouldn’t have gone to the hospital because “Funerals cost less than surgery.” She brought an extremely detailed spreadsheet to prove it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 914
You deserved it 422

Same thing different taste

Comments

That's messed up in more ways than one.

You might wanna add a divorce to that bill if she doesn't love you enough to get surgery.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Marisa Ware 10

You must be butthurt about everything if you thought his username is anti-Semitic.

Anti-Semitic? Yes. Slur? No. Unless you wanna explain how 'Jew' is a bad word? (Careful, that's some dangerous ground you're treading on).

bjnono001 20

It’s referring to the stereotype that Jews are cheap, which is why it’s a slur.

"Marriedtoajew" is not anti-Semitic? I think with that comment, I can make a guess as to what kind of person you are.

Oy vey! How much do you want for that harmless pun? I have a number in mind! =)

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

why would it be antisemitic if he called himself marriedtoajew? Maybe his wife is jewish? Maybe she happens to fulfill that clishè. Maybe I am just a kid with issues that shouldn't be texting to strangers on the internet at 1 am. Maybe this world is all jist a plan made up by the lasershark-moonnazibear-illuminati to sell more food at MC Donalds'. Maybe I just said that last one to make this entire argument look stupid. Maybe it worked...

He's implying that Jews are notoriously cheap, which is a shitty thing to do. I would be more sympathetic if he'd called himself "marriedtoacheapskate".

Implying that Jews are stingy is a hurtful stereotype so yes, it is anti-Semitic. A slur, however, is a derogatory term applied to a group of people. "Jew" is not a derogatory term. If you insist that it is, you are on *dangerous ground*. It's the correct terminology to call a person of the Jewish faith. There are many words that are actual slurs that I won't list here. But 'Jew' is not one of them. The implication the OP makes in his username is anti-Semitic and hurtful - unless his wife really is a Jew and it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek but I don't consider that a likely scenario - my point is, I'm not denying that it was prejudiced and wrong. But you gotta call a spade a spade. Jew is not and should not ever be considered a derogatory term. Hence it's not a slur.

Marriedtoajew? Dude, your wife sucks, but anti-Semitism isn't cool either.

KnowsWhatAJokeIs 4

What if his wife is jewish though? Do you automatically assume it's racist because you already linked the word "jewish" with "cheap" in your mind? Because that's hella racist....

WOW I am SO sorry that it seems your wife rather you be dead than continue her life journey with you!

If you find your wife digging a hole in the backyard sometime soon--run!