This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Plusdeconnexion - 02/03/2019 04:00

Today, we have lost our internet connection for whatever reason. That means my husband and I have to eat without watching TV, and doing so we realize that we have nothing to say to each other anymore. I think we are going to divorce if we don't get back our connection quick. FML
I agree, your life sucks 772
You deserved it 561

Top comments

Gofuckyourself 24

Your telling me that your relationship is based off an internet connection.. the ****? When you got married, did you ensure that wifi was in your vows??

manb91uk 22

Maybe you should start working on talking to each other instead? If you want to save your marriage, WORK AT IT!

Comments

Gofuckyourself 24

Your telling me that your relationship is based off an internet connection.. the ****? When you got married, did you ensure that wifi was in your vows??

She was gullible. She thought he said “Wife eye” and didn’t really know what that meant and went along with it.

manb91uk 22

Maybe you should start working on talking to each other instead? If you want to save your marriage, WORK AT IT!

childlessmother 16

Never stop dating!!! I’ve been married 23 years we go out once a night, no kids, electronics and a different setting. We talk about work, what we like and what plans we want to make

This extremely! ^ Find things to do, pick up a quiet hobby together (Board games, Videos games, crafting, dancing, reading the same book) Even if its out of your element! It's always something to do or talk about if you goof up! Also, hopefully this will teach you all to make a dedicated home media server to stream shows/movies to your TV during internet outages! 8)

TxKitten79 10

Exactly. One of our favorite things to do I'd build a fire and just talk and spend time with each other.

You need to work on this, sorry to say but if the internet is the only thing keeping you together , then you need to figure why you married.

They say the miraculous power of TV is it allows people to live together who would otherwise kill each other. Until your service is restored, sleep with one eye open.

Aphrodite 20

Maybe you guys should’ve been eating at a normal dinner table and not in front of a TV.

Hey now, maybe OP is Matilda's parents!

TxKitten79 10

We eat in front of the TV. We usually are watching cooking shows while we do it. lol. And then we discuss which recipes I should try to make!

I suggest playing the radio. We own alot of DVDs we never watch, so I guess that will keep us from falling into your situation.

Or, how about, instead of waiting for your internet to re-connect, you actually attempt to strike up a conversation and create something to talk about? For example, discuss the issues within your relationship and what you both could do to improve your situation.

Matthew Irmen 11

Maybe you should play on your phones instead. Relationships are over-rated anyway. Seriously, maybe that should be the norm, no TV, no phones, just talking to each other. Read a poem, tell a story, talk positively about each other. The problem has been revealed, now create a solution.

bloopaloop 27

Well yeah, you gotta MAKE things to talk about.