By katshay8 - 12/10/2018 17:30

Today, I went to the doctor for allergy testing. Apparently, one of my worst allergies is cats. I'm a "crazy cat lady" who loves anything cat-related and has 3 cats. Allergy shots, here I come. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 407
You deserved it 524

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Veroswen 3

I'm also in a situation where its keep my cat or keep comfortable. I choose the cat. Little dudes my bud. Good on you for not giving up. Little bastards are like family.

The fact you will become a human pincushion for your cats just amps up the “crazy” label.

Comments

ari330 21

Just build up a tolerance. I'm allergic to cats and dogs but my own animals don't phase me because i'm around them all the time and my symptoms start to fade away.

xcrillzx 3

Get only short-haired cats like a Russian Blue. I never get allergies like with other cats.

My grandma is allergic to cats but when she lived with me for long enough the symptoms started to go away and she can be around my cats

The fact you will become a human pincushion for your cats just amps up the “crazy” label.

By your username and profile pics, I am not surprised.

Veroswen 3

I'm also in a situation where its keep my cat or keep comfortable. I choose the cat. Little dudes my bud. Good on you for not giving up. Little bastards are like family.

Feel your pain. Except they want to do more testing before doing the shots. Meds I have to be on interfere with the tests. And the allergist isn’t quite getting the one I can not come completely off of. The allergy wipes for the cats work decent enough.

ViviMage 38

My fiancé is allergic to animals but the short haired ones he can actually sleep with, and he has built a general tolerance to them. Long haired cats however he can't stand. I'm allergic to lamb wool and goat hair, but I can briefly touch either. And itch for the rest of the night.

A good friend of mine had to do allergy tests, she’s allergic to lot of things. One of them is dogs, she will not give her dog up. So you’re not the only one who is allergic to your own pets. She does well with allergies shot. Hope your shots helps so you don’t have to give up your babies.

I just joked with my cat, “Victory, I hate shots more than I love you!” What I think she would have responded with, “Huh?” Me: “Just kidding!” I love my cat.

I'm allergic to cats. I'd rather have to take meds everyday and not give them up.