By AloneForChristmas - 25/12/2018 16:00

Today, I live in dorms and found out everyone is leaving for Christmas break. I also found out my student loan didn't go through, so now I cant afford to go visit my family that lives over 7 hours away. I guess I'll be spending Christmas alone in a dorm room. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 746
You deserved it 227

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oh wow. I'm so sorry. can they loan you the money?

Why are you using your student loans to pay for non School things? You're not supposed to be using your money for trips. Also, your student loans won't come in till the next semester starts, so the money wouldn't have been there till January anyway.

Comments

oh wow. I'm so sorry. can they loan you the money?

Why are you using your student loans to pay for non School things? You're not supposed to be using your money for trips. Also, your student loans won't come in till the next semester starts, so the money wouldn't have been there till January anyway.

Right, but it’s pretty dumb to spend it on anything but tuition or housing.

Maybe she was planning on using her own money but now she has to save it to pay for what the loan would have? it's also possible she could be on a grant system where her living expenses are paid including travel.

404wan 19

what, your parents dont want to spend to money to get you home?

Annon03 0

Hi Guys, OP here. Let me explain this a little better, I am not using my student loan for other activities. But since my student loan did not go through I am now using the money I saved for Christmas to pay the remainder of my tuition. My family is already helping me out, so I don't want to ask them to spend more money on me, I will just have to plan a trip down there when I have a bit more money saved up.

randybryant799 20

A student loan pays for college. Not trips home. I'm not sure what you're saying.