By Anonymous - 12/10/2018 22:30

Today, at work, a table of girls complained to the manager about me. The complaint? "He's not hot enough to work here. We want a sexy server." The manager agreed with them and sent me home. I might lose my job because of a table of shallow women. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 665
You deserved it 196

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fun fact: A court in Manhattan ruled that firing someone for their attravtiveness is legal. Any legal action here would almost certainly end in the employer's favor. Vote for pro worker politicians and this shit stops, people.

Comments

Alup132 22

Are they lesbians or something? I don’t have anything against lesbians, but why do they care so much? If you’re nice to them, and their food is correct, that’s all that matters!

What on earth about a this FML gives you the impression they are lesbians??

i think Alup132 assumed the server was a waitress for some reason, and that the customers must be lesbians if they're requesting a sexy server girl. they must have missed the male indicator next to the anonymous.

Umm that's discrimination time to go to his boss or a lawyer

I hope you live somewhere that allows you to go to court over wrongful termination. Unfortunately, I don't, and many places here really take advantage of firing anyone over stupid shit, especially medical issues.

Fun fact: A court in Manhattan ruled that firing someone for their attravtiveness is legal. Any legal action here would almost certainly end in the employer's favor. Vote for pro worker politicians and this shit stops, people.

Then, I’m fighting to get my goddamn job modeling Speedos back!

tounces7 27

That's when you take it to the Court of Public Opinion. Firing someone because they're ugly might not be a court case, but it could certainly be a news case that could cause problems for a place that might not want public backlash.

Depending on your genetics, you could almost certainly turn that in to a racial discrimination lawsuit.

A table of shallow women and an asshole manager.

Deez_Knots 10

Hopefully their **** go saggy in their late 20’s and die alone

julio144 2

Well, **** usually live in pairs, so I doubt they'll die alone.

Alup132 22

Regarding my other comment, I misread the symbol and thought that OP was a waitress, which is why I thought the girls were lesbian and having a fit that they didn’t have a sexy waitress... oops!

Get your boss’ job - he can’t fire you for that!

He can if OP lives in a right to work state.

cazziuz1983 9

fun fact about right to work states,they still have to have a semi valid reason that is stated as reason for dismisal,other wise they can still be sued for wrongful termination,how do I know? spent most of my 20 plus years in the work force in a right to work state,most if them as a manager of some sort(read that as a fast food manager) say I want to fire someone cuase I just plain dont like them,that's fine and I am allowed to do so,but the reason for dismissal has to be something semi legal...typically I used insubordination as my reason.

can someone explain how that's a thing? and how it is called right to work when it is a right for employers to fire people in discrimination. can they truly fire you due to disability or getting pregnant or being the wrong race?

This is like how girls who want to work at Hooters or other similar bars have to undergo the wall test. If they walk towards a wall and their nose touches before their boobs, they won’t be hired.