By SlowPacker - 09/03/2016 07:07 - United States - Minneapolis

Today, my family informed me that we were going on a 10 hour road trip to my cousin's wedding. They only decided to tell me 45 minutes before we left for said road trip. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 779
You deserved it 1 458

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess your pit stop will be more than a pee break..

Comments

Hopefully you had enough time to pack!

Wow they must be paychoPATHS but the road to being a good family member can sometimes be a rocky one.

I guess your pit stop will be more than a pee break..

thomasrasmussen7 20

Shouldn't you know already considering it is a wedding in your family?

Not always. If OP isn't close or doesn't see their cousin often the probably not

it may have been a last minute decision to go

I can't even name all my cousins, it's likely that if they are 10 hours away and this wasn't brought up well in advance, they aren't very close.

Several of my cousins got married without me ever knowing. Not all families are super close...

I barely know the first names of my cousins. I wouldn't know about any weddings unless my parents told me. Also, depending on how old the OP is, the invitation may have been addressed to their parents, not them individually, so they wouldn't have received an invitation or any information other than what the parents tell OP

talk about spontaneous! great family tomes ahead.... 'the wheels in the bus go round and round, round and round all day long....'

10 hours isn't the worst. Pack some comfortable clothes, get a phone charger, some snacks, some water, and you should be fine. Hopefully, if you have a job, you told your boss you couldn't come in (because of the wedding and all)

My real question is, how did you now know your family was going to your cousins wedding? Unless that was a surprise to. In which case, damn man. Your family needs to work on their communication skills.

I am so confused about how youre confused after reading this fml

What do you mean? I just found it odd that OP didn't know his cousin was getting married. Hence why I said "unless that was a surprise too." As in, OP's parents didn't even tell them a relative was getting married.

aliciousness116 16

At the moment, I'm concerned about whether you had enough time to find a nice dress to wear at your cousin's wedding. Last minute shopping for a wedding can be so pressurising! Omg. How did you do it? #girlproblems

Could also be a guy as well and not just 'girl problems'.

all a guy would need is jeans and a nice shirt. if you don't have that laying around your cupboard somewhere then it's a worry. same time females should also have a nice dress for last minute events.

last one I went to I wore jeans, as they are comfortable. + it was 35c that day.

It depends on the setting of the wedding. Some weddings are very casual and wearing a full suit would be considered rude for over dressing. At other weddings, wearing jeans would be a good way to be 'asked' to leave. That said, men do have it slightly easier when it comes to formal wear. No one would bat an eye at a man wearing the same suit to two occasions(if they could even tell it was the same suit) as long as it was properly cleaned and stored during the between time. Women, for some reason, seem to be expected to buy all new outfits for each formal event- or at least never wear two items from an outfit together again. Obviously that varies some depending on where you live and what financial bracket the event is being held for.