By 43vera10n3 - 19/09/2018 01:58 - United States - Huntsville

Today, I found out that my best friend, the love of my life, is no longer engaged. He's now married. I wasn't invited. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 339
You deserved it 712

raven_of_azarath tells us more.

This actually happened a few months ago, and I was more upset that I wasn’t invited cuz my roommate I was good friends with had also just gotten married but didn’t invite me, despite me having been part of the proposal, and I found out that I wouldn’t be able to afford to travel to my brother’s future wedding that I have been invited to. I am moved on now, and while he will always hold a special place in my heart, I’m in a fully committed relationship now that I can see leading to marriage one day.

Top comments

do you think maybe you weren't invited because he knows about your apparently intense feelings? which I assume by getting married, he doesn't share. doesn't excuse him from not at least giving you a heads up.

OP, I just read your reply and you seem like a jealous, bitter ex-girlfriend. If your best friend didn't invite you to his wedding, that says more about you than it does him. I hope he has a great marriage to his wife.

Comments

Yeah Julia Roberts ruined that one for ya.

Guessing the bride didn't appreciate another woman referring to her fiance as "the love of her life" and didn't want you there

There's something going on with you that you're not invited to all these weddings.

OP - same exact thing happened to me. I found out the day it happened...on Facebook....on Christmas...to a friend of mine I introduced him to.

J15237 25

you just said the love of your life. So maybe it was a good thing you were not invited? Perhaps you missed your opportunity to be with this person? Thats great you are still friends, but I am thinking they didn't want to hurt you more.