By danny - 10/10/2018 12:00

Today, while working at a chain restaurant, I forgot to charge someone a few dollars for extra toppings on the side. My stingy boss took the time to take that money out of my paycheck. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 813
You deserved it 634

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That’s entirely illegal! Report him and get a new boss!

That’s not illegal. When an employee causes a loss, the employer has the right to take the loss from the employee.

Comments

What, the 2 dollars for extra toppings? Go slash his tires

Your boss is an asshole. Kinda guy that if he was a cop he would give his mom a speeding ticket for going 1 over the limit....

That’s entirely illegal! Report him and get a new boss!

That’s not illegal. When an employee causes a loss, the employer has the right to take the loss from the employee.

blondie45 21

Why should your employer have to suffer a loss for your “forgetfulness”? You wouldn’t like it if he forgot to pay your salary. So why should he like it when you forget to charge his customers? Without income in a business there is no profit to pay salaries. Grow up and stop whining. It was your mistake. Take responsibility and learn from it.

tounces7 27

Maybe because fast food workers already make so little as it is?

blondie45 21

So earning a a low salary gives you the right to be negligent with your employer’s business? Ain’t never gonna climb no food chain with that bad attitude!

Your boss has no idea whether you genuinely forgot or “forgot (wink, wink, grin, grin)”.

A) That might be illegal. Your local labor board probably has a website. B) It might be against company policy. Call the chain's HR Dept and ask. C) That's a shit thing to do as a manager. It ***** up employee morale and causes people to leave, which costs the restaurant far more in training new staff and turnover-related problems.

But that minuscule profit is critical to business operations :o

blondie45 21

Finally. Someone who speaks a modicum of sense!

somewhitechick 8
DiscomfortZone 7

If you cam't handle the job don't work as a waiter...