By Dead Inside - 03/12/2018 07:30 - United States - Elkhart

Today, the family dog was in the garbage and wouldn't stop eating. He is a large dog, and I had to put my arms around him and pull him out of the trash can. Well, he bit me so hard I was bleeding. My whole family is siding with the dog and saying it was my fault for not letting him eat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 961
You deserved it 365

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That dog is food possessive and needs that worked on. There are a few ways this can be corrected but the dog probable gave you a warning growl that you didn’t hear in the trash. Dogs communicate too they don’t just do something. If your family lets the dog do whatever it wants, good luck.

The_candyman 13

This was a learning Experiance for the dog. it was your chance to show them that's not right. if you have a food aggressive dog you need to show it who's boss. Because I have kids I would play in my dogs food while hes eating. You cant expect other people either kids or adults to never have food around your dog. and one good accident and the dogs dead and you can be screwed too.

Comments

I'd punch that dog in the motherfucking face in front of God and everyone. I don't care if my family sided with him so much they got a lawyer.

I regret that I can only give you one upvote, Chris. Well said.

StagGT 13

a lot of shitty families on FML today

Oh they claim to be "siding with the dog" but they stood by being useless while he was at risk. He might have eaten a guts-stabbing toothpick or guts-blocking old sponge, or unsafe-for-dogs food. OP was SAVING HIM not picking on him. SOMEONE in the family needed to take responsibility. Dogs are like babies- too stupid to be in charge of themselves. Would you leave a baby to play with a knife because he wants to, and because getting it away from him might be risky? A loving owner maintains control over their dog for its own good if nothing else. They don't just stand there as he eats garbage! Useless idiots, to not do anything to help, and on top of it they have the nerve to insult the wounded hero! That dog definitely needs training. Should've had it to begin with but better late than never. Pisses me off people are even allowed to have untrained dogs, really. Dangerous to their owners and to the public.

GUYMAINE 16
bobsanction 18

Well, it is your fault you got bit.

Stan_The_Man 7

I honestly don’t trust dogs. I prefer cats, they attack for the sake of having fun and being ninja, instead of trying to rip your arm off over some food. Send the dog outside, that’s where they should stay. (With food, water, and adequate shelter of course)

ataygarp 8

dog's are not supposed to bite the hand that feeds them. biting others is normal because they're protecting their pack but of course very bad if they are biting strangers however, to bite their owner is a bad sign. maybe a vet visit to get some input on the situation and to see if you can correct this behavior. if not maybe reevaluate who the dog is around (elderly, small kids) and decide if the dog is still a good fit for your family. especially if this habit is one you attempted to correct as a puppy but wasn't able to some dogs are just more aggressive sadly.

Where im from, a dog bites you, you shoot it.