By Allie - 23/11/2018 12:00

Today, right after I finished writing a very important paper and saved it to my hard drive, my barely 2-year-old Macbook decided to completely stop functioning. I went to the Apple store and even they can't get it to turn on. That's $1500 down the drain along with my grade. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 804
You deserved it 470

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Always back up important documents to an external hard drive/flash drive. You never know when the shit will hit the fan.

bass_ftp 12

No offense but who the hell doesn't keep intermediate backups of important files in a cloud or or secondary hardware these days? Hardware dies ALL THE TIME, that's why for anything more important than some temporary stuff you don't save it in just 1 place.

Comments

Tony Friddle 11

your first mistake was taking it to an apple store, they don't care about their customers. Go to a third party repair shop with good reviews, guaranteed they can fix it for dirt cheap!

Try Rossmann repair group out of Brooklyn, NY. Louis Rossmann knows his Apple machines.

That's why you should sync to icloud for any important stuff. as much as I don't like Apple that feature does work well.

Hmmm anyone who buys Apple products gets what they deserve. You should have auto cloud backup on. Apple accounts for 17% of cells phones and 75% of tech assist calls. Get smart and get android!

That’s why you use Google Docs… it automatically saves to your Gmail account. This solely is the reason I’m glad I switched to it. No more needing to worry about backing up and losing documents!

tounces7 27

Does Apple make such garbage products you can't even remove the hard drive?

MishMashMosh 20

uhh you don't have cloud storage?