By Anonymous - 27/12/2018 04:00

Spicy
Today, my husband left his cellphone unlocked so I decided to go through it. I found 10 texts threads from 10 different women, one of them from my 18 year old sister who was sending him nude pictures. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 658
You deserved it 1 674

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Take screenshots, send to your phone, delete that thread from his phone, pack all your stuff on a day when he’s not home, print out all screenshots, leave on empty bed, done.

On one hand, I feel like you shouldn't have gone through his phone without his permission, but on the other hand, you're lucky you found out so now you can move on to something better...

Comments

I don’t understand how this is an invasion of privacy. It’s a husband, not a boyfriend. What’s mine, is yours. It’s courteous to ask, but shouldn’t be a crime. Shouldn’t have any reason to be in your husbands phone, except to borrow but shouldn’t be a problem if you are. No one deserves to be cheated on. It’s unfortunate you found out when looking at his phone. Sounds like you had your suspicions tho, if you felt you felt you needed to see who he was talking to. I don’t understand those who say snoopers deserve what they find. Rule breakers and cheaters deserve to be left.

OneWhoKnows 5
Traveling_Book 9

Can always tell who the cheaters are in these FML comments.

Playing devil's advocate... He left it unlocked. Left it for you to look through should you get a burning desire to do so... with the messages still on there. Who started first contact, how did he reply, etc... Just because people talked with him doesn't mean anything. And did she send the nude photos on her own whim, or did he ask for them? Of course, if he is indeed leading them on, kick him to the curb.

Realistically, some every day person is not going to get 10 different people trying to sext them at the same time without having a role to play in it. Unless if he has a lot of money or a super penis.

I like how you got two thumbs down for a logical line of questioning. Just goes to show biased opinions come from the most ignorant people who cannot look at an issue objectively.

Blunt person 16

DON'T GO THROUGH YOUR SO'S PHONES!!! Even in a relationship, there's a need for some things to be private.

Squidgegg 4

Some things, yes. Cheating, no. I'd say looking through someone's phone is way less serious a breach of trust than potentially cheating on them with potentially ten different people, including a relative.

OneWhoKnows 5

Not when it comes to exclusivity!! If one is slithering around but pretending to be monogamous- there is an agreed upon “no there” in the marriage vow. Why should she sit at home serving his deadbeat ass while he’s giving her attention to another? Including a relative? It’s just gross!

Both parties are wrong. I do feel bad for you that he cheated, however in the future going through someones personal items is not ok under any circumstances regardless of the outcome afterwards

OneWhoKnows 5

Wrong... husbands and wives should have nothing to hide...If they do there is no union

deejflatt 4

Cheaters deserve what they get. Marriages don’t share the same reasonable cause search procedures that the police do. Regardless of whether it is right or wrong to look through his phone it is definitely wrong to be cheating. Even if he gets mad about privacy which is a legit concern it doesn’t negate nudes with your sister. You should have known she was like that and now you know he is. FYL

YallDeservedItJk 22

Wow I love how every comment in the thread about a woman cheating calls her a bitch and a ***** but when a woman catches her husband cheating most of the comments say she should have respected his privacy. The double standard in this society is disgusting.

Why doesn't this read "soon-to-be-ex husband"? Granted there doesn't seem like there was a whole lot of trust in this marriage to begin with (by virtue of the fact you felt it was OK to go through his phone), but there can't be any in either direction going forward.