By NotaSinglePringle - 28/09/2018 17:36

Today, my husband and I were unable to exchange rings at our marriage ceremony as his ring was still out being resized. We had continuously waited for the store to call, and had reluctantly decided to just do the ceremony without. As we sat down to lunch after, they called. It was ready. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 802
You deserved it 599

Claire Raika Ahmed tells us more.

Claire Raika Ahmed 14

I am not sure how to connect my account to this FML since I apparently submitted it anonymously, but it was a tungsten ring so they apparently can’t be shaped like most gold or silver rings; they have to be made in the correct size and once made cannot be changed (at least according to the sales associate). They had made his the wrong size, even tho I asked multiple times to make sure they wrote down size 12, so after waiting for it the first time, it had to be send back and by then it was too late. It was a courthouse ceremony anyways tho so it wasn’t a huge deal anyways. We just found it funny that they called literally an hour after the ceremony. At least we have it now!!

Top comments

How long were you waiting, exactly? I don't know how quickly a ring re-sizing takes, but if you had told them the date of your wedding, the ring should have been ready before the ceremony. Conversely, you could have gone to the store to see what was happening, and encourage them to speed it along.

You should have called them instead of waiting.

Comments

I had to have my ring set resized as well. It was done in a day or 2, fits perfectly, and it cost $100 to get it done. Sometimes jewelry stores are not the way to go. Kay's (where my rings came from) was more expensive and was going to ship my ring off for at least 3 weeks. Fast Fix inside of Meijer's did a seamless job in about 5% of the time for a better price.

Claire Raika Ahmed 14

I am not sure how to connect my account to this FML since I apparently submitted it anonymously, but it was a tungsten ring so they apparently can’t be shaped like most gold or silver rings; they have to be made in the correct size and once made cannot be changed (at least according to the sales associate). They had made his the wrong size, even tho I asked multiple times to make sure they wrote down size 12, so after waiting for it the first time, it had to be send back and by then it was too late. It was a courthouse ceremony anyways tho so it wasn’t a huge deal anyways. We just found it funny that they called literally an hour after the ceremony. At least we have it now!!

INeedMoreCoffee 2

You're not alone. My husband and I also had to have our rings custom ordered. Mine was an unusual half size, and his was a tungsten ring in a size the store didn't carry. They weren't ready in time for the ceremony, so we used cheap costume jewelry rings for the purpose of the ceremony. But we forgot to warn my pastor. The look on his face when these cheap plastic rings were presented was priceless. Luckily, I'm friends with my pastor, so the three of us are able to share a laugh about it now, several years down the line.

Yep, tungsten rings are like that. My husband also has one. Glad we didn't have to deal with this mess, since we had a big ceremony in a church! I'm surprised you didn't call to ask what was going on, though. Were they aware of your wedding date?

idkyme567 9

When I got married, I forgot about the rings so my sis made me a ring out of a pixie stick wrapper, later of course I put on my real ring

Did it not occur to you to call the store? What the hell? ydi