By MixMastaKDizzle - 23/09/2013 08:23 - United States - Denver

Today, I got a text from someone I met last night at a bar. We texted all day and planned to meet up later. The whole time I had in my mind who he was, but when we met up it was someone completely different that I didn't remember. I had to sit through the whole date pretending I knew him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 345
You deserved it 37 887

MixMastaKDizzle tells us more.

Uhh no. You don't know the full story so don't jump to conclusions. I live in a tiny mountain town, and the guy I gave my number to I had seen many times before. The guy that I was actually texting, however is someone random that I didn't know and didn't give my number to. I did, however, have fun once I got past the initial shock. It has NOTHING to do with looks. If you make me laugh and are an intelligent gentleman, then I like you.

Top comments

The fact that you can't differentiate between a coma and a comma is also misguiding!

If you liked him well enough to text him all day, I think you should give him a chance.

Comments

every1luvsboners 11

I always text random numbers telling them I met them in a bar. My success rate is around 13%. It's all fun and games until you end up in the back of an El Camino somewhere in Tijuana with a sore asshole and a Spanish transsexual midget forcing their flaccid penis into your nostril while you're on the verge of blacking out. If I had a nickel every time that happened, I'd have a nickel.

Wait a second, are you referring to your incident with Annie? You should know better than to go to a show in a crack house and not expect shit to hit the fan.

Pretty sure there was a Lifetime movie about that.

yenze 18

13 is a pretty specific percent

So you texted him all day, then had to "pretend" you knew him. To me, it sounds like you knew him.

When you text about nonchalant things, it's always in context based upon their personality and what you know of them. I just had to start fresh once I met him which was a little awkward.. especially since he doesn't know that I was taken aback lol

graceinsheepwear 33

If he got the number from someone other than you, why would he expect you not to be taken aback? He would already know you didn't give him your number and that he was tricking you. Sounds like you actually gave your number and forgot. I call bullshit.

Think of it as a blind date. I hear those things are fun... Anyway, I guess for you to message him for most of the day you seemed to like him. That's a good thing!

Keattles 14

Give it a chance, you guys must have gotten along in the first place! ^_^

Should have just told him and stayed on the date. He might have thought it was funny.

I stayed on the date but didn't tell him. I didn't want him to feel awkward..

im pretty sure he knew. you didnt actually give him your number, so how would you know who he was? he was probably wondering why you didnt say anything. not saying anything about it was a bit silly. he could be a crazy person. even though you had fun with him, he could be playing a role.

When you start something, see it through until the end. You never know it may be the guy you always wanted.

DrownedMyFish 18

Just take a couple of shots. He will look just like he did the night before.

If its meant to be... It's meant to be... Just give it a chance.