By FMAhole - 12/02/2019 12:18 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, while at the office, a surprise Valentine's gift arrived for me, the first I've ever received. It was a box of heart-shaped cookies. From my mother. I'm 39. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 727
You deserved it 4 136

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that's a little embarrassing but it's sweet that she thought of you

Comments

you are at least being loved by someone...appreciate that fact...

be grateful for the special attention by someone who loves you!

That's actually really sweet. Good for your mom.

KhaleesiDannie 26

My dad buys me my mom and sister Valentines day candy every year I love it and love him for thinking of me enough to get me something

Same here, my dad used to get me chocolate shortbread when I lived with my parents, it was hard to feel too sorry for myself with a caring family!

KhaleesiDannie 26

That's great :3 I'm glad you have such a loving family also I noticed I'm comment 15 and you're 51 haha

Love is love, & if you don't want it.... I'll take it.... ( & the cookies too ?)

I've seen so many FMLs like this. How on earth is your life ****** when your mother shows she cares about and loves you? It's such a pet peeve of mine when people don't appreciate their parents and are just "embarrassed" by them. Anyway, cookies, yum.

PANDORUM89 21

I personally dislike valentines day and I love going in to stores like CVS and Walmart the night before and seeing the guys scramble. I feel like all the things I get don't mean anything because they are only doing it because they feel they have to. and don't worry about your age and don't feel bad about not having a Valentine. everyone finds the right person when the time is right.

i like going the day after because the candy is on sale!

I think it's sweet. I'm almost 30 and my dad has sent/given me flowers every valentine's day of my life, whether I was in a relationship at the time or not.

My mom always sends me Valentine's treats. It would have been cool if it had been from an admirer but it's still nice to get cookies from someone who cares.