By Dom - 31/05/2019 12:00

Today, I proposed to the girl I have known for a while, since our Dads have worked together for 40 years. After I rang my Dad to tell him the good news, he told me that there was a position open at work, which had belonged to her Dad. My Dad had to fire him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 963
You deserved it 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Damn her dad must have really screwed up to be fired after 40 yrs, (but that's more than enough to collect a pension only need 25 to 30 yrs.depending)hope this doesn't derail your plans and please follow up with what happens.

Did he fire him because of this, or just unfortunate timing? Follow up, OP!

Comments

Did he fire him because of this, or just unfortunate timing? Follow up, OP!

Brides father “Listen about that blessing I gave you” Me”No take backs”

Damn her dad must have really screwed up to be fired after 40 yrs, (but that's more than enough to collect a pension only need 25 to 30 yrs.depending)hope this doesn't derail your plans and please follow up with what happens.

Darebearius 7

It could ruin the business if the dads still worked together and something bad happens that destroys their relationship. This is actually a smart business move. Telling how casually OP mentioned it, this situation was probably already discussed by the two dads ahead of time.

I hope he saved up enough to pay for your wedding before he lost his job.

“Proposed to the girl I’ve known for a while.” Wtf does that mean? Some random friend or what?

This reads like you asked some random acquaintance to marry you just because your dads have known each other for a long time... And then your dad offered you a job as a reward.