By emeraldapostle - 27/10/2018 19:21

Today, I got bullied at work for wanting to wear gloves. The culprit? My GM. My profession? Foodservice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 608
You deserved it 223

emeraldapostle tells us more.

Hey everyone, OP here. Just letting you kmow that I have since left the job and now OSHA and various health departments are having a hayday with the restaraunt. Thank you everyone for showing concern!

Top comments

Give your GM salmonella, then bully her/him for getting sick when gloves would have prevented it.

Comments

Give your GM salmonella, then bully her/him for getting sick when gloves would have prevented it.

Well.... If your GM gives you crap for not wearing gloves. Maybe you shouldn't wash your hands after bathroom breaks...... Just sayin......

Ha, the GM should love that, skipping handwashing adds atleast 1 more minute back to productive work.

Sorry for the probably stupid question but what's a GM? Google only brings up General Motors and other than that, I only know it as Game Master.

Thanks for clearing this up. Also finding out curious how many people thumb down a simple question of someone whose main language isn't English. You guys are treasures ;)

Is it bullying, or is your manager enforcing policy?

If it's policy, what is the restaurant's name and where is it located so I can avoid the place?

are you just trolling or are you just this stupid...FOOD SERVICE MUST ALWAYS WEAR GLOVES when handling raw & cooked food. I am a graduate of Culinary School and literally the first week of school they drill into your head ALWAYS WEAR GLOVES WHEN HANDLING FOOD.

Deez_Knots 10

It’s sad that there are places we eat at that probably don’t enforce strict health codes and we’ll never know because we don’t see our food being made. Makes me nervous sometimes

chinchillaz 12

something like that happened to me when I was working at Tesla. The upper management and supervisors were always saying that we needed to work hard and be a part of the team and help everyone out. We were all told that the people who worked the hardest would be considered for lead positions and I was hoping to become a lead. So our production line was short 3 people, so some stations had no one working them, causing us to be behind in numbers. So I started to pick up the slack for the people that needed help and worked my position along with the others, and I heard this chick making fun of me for working hard. she was gossiping about how I was trying too hard and whispering to the people around her about me. it made me feel really bad for trying to help and I got really upset so I left for a minute to collect myself, then she followed me and asked me if I was ok, so I confronted her about it, and told her what I heard her saying about me. Then she said she was saying that I was doing a good job to other people, but I know that's not what I heard. she then told everyone at lunch that I was making it up to everyone of my friends and then they all stopped talking to me and started giving be dirty looks. they even told me that I wasn't allowed to go to the Halloween party anymore because I was spreading drama, even though I didn't tell anyone that she was making fun of me. it's really messed up for people to make fun of people who want to do their job right. I really don't understand it.

SaltyLurker 10

You know who would find this FML particularly funny? Not health inspectors, that's for sure. Have at them!

Hey everyone, OP here. Just letting you kmow that I have since left the job and now OSHA and various health departments are having a hayday with the restaraunt. Thank you everyone for showing concern!

Pull those latex gloves on, while making eye contact. Do not forget the memorable "snap".

Not that I condone bullying, but i worked in restaurants for years and learned quickly that gloves are no way to protect food if your employees are good about washing their hands. Gloves give people the sense that they are being food safe, so they become careless.