By Joel - 28/10/2018 15:30

Today, I got a ticket for doing 38mph in a 45mph zone. Apparently you can be cited for "impeding traffic" even when you're the only car on the road. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 924
You deserved it 1 096

Same thing different taste

Top comments

c2hans 3

Go to court, it will get kicked out.

Mathalamus 24

Its my opinion that even if there is no traffic, you still must drive as if there is traffic. No exceptions.

Comments

I guess if the potential is there, then that's enough.

c2hans 3

Go to court, it will get kicked out.

That cop ball ain't gonna pay for itself OP. Think of this as a mandatory donation.

whiskey'swino 15

Some tickets are simply to get money. In college I was stuck at a broken light trying to turn left in a left turn only lane. I waited for 10 minutes with no traffic in any other lane waiting for it to turn green. Finally did, I went and was immediately pulled over for not using my turn signal. The clicking would have driven me nuts for those 10 minutes. Where the F did the cop think I was going? Such a hazard to the road I guess. Dumb and needless.

Mathalamus 24

Its my opinion that even if there is no traffic, you still must drive as if there is traffic. No exceptions.

chessu 21

Just click it on just before you turn? No excuse

Wow the comments above me must be from the most anal people in the world. People’s ignorance never fails to amaze me.

chessu 21

It's good practice. If you stop doing it when you don't necessarily need to, you will eventually stop doing it when you do need to. E.g. my dad had stopped using them properly for the same reason, but after teaching me to drive (who had to do it properly to not fail my exam), he's now picked up the habit again because of that. It's should be an instinct/reflex anyway, it literally takes a second. If anything I feel weird not hitting it, I even do it an empty parking lot and don't think twice about it.

You deserve it! You’re the asshole who creates all these lines in traffic

I hate people who go under the speed limit. It's rude to everyone else behind them. That being said, if you were the only one on the road it's pretty ridiculous that you got a ticket for it.

I think there is more to this story. Did you just piss the officer off or was the impeding traffic something other than the speed?

kricket5 19

You couldn’t have been the only car on the road if you got pulled over. Cop was there, too. Probably stuck behind your slow ass. Maybe you should check your mirrors more frequently and either speed up to the limit, or pull off the road to let others pass.

Which part of the story did you leave out?