By OhCrap - 02/03/2018 09:56

Today, I finally met my long-term partner's mother, which I'd been nervous about for some time. Whilst using her bathroom I managed to knock over a large, ornate mirror and it chopped her toilet in half. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 073
You deserved it 1 421

CaptainShalliwaffle tells us more.

CaptainShalliwaffle 3

Op here: Nope, it didn't smash the toilet, it literally cut it right down the middle and got stuck there. It was just this huge, metal edged mirror balanced against the wall by the toilet and I nudged it over. Did pay for the repair but it took weeks as the plumber messed up the job. She had to use her neighbour's bathroom for over a fortnight.

Top comments

If breaking a mirror gives you seven years of bad luck, what does breaking a toilet with a mirror give you? Seven years of constipation?

At least it didn't break the mirror, the toilet is probably less expensive and won't curse you

Comments

At least it didn't break the mirror, the toilet is probably less expensive and won't curse you

IAmClay 24

How in Hell does that work? Witchcraft?

Well, OP did say it was a very large mirror. Chances are it was also very heavy and simply smashed the toilet when it made impact.

So how did OP accidentally knock a "very heavy" mirror off of something? Being very heavy I imagine it was placed back in a stable position, or hanging. Why/how touch it? And if it's that heavy you have to use force to move it, not just a little bump.

I'm sure your partner's mother will understand that it was an accident. Granted, a toilet replacement is expensive, but as long as you're not injured (and maybe willing to help replace said toilet), things should be okay.

If breaking a mirror gives you seven years of bad luck, what does breaking a toilet with a mirror give you? Seven years of constipation?

manb91uk 22

Mr Pencil, you have outdone yourself!

Talis99 26

So...in all honesty were you clumsy or snooping?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Talis99 26

Puns are only funny in small doses.

species4872 19

You'll be in the shit for seven years now.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

WTF is that death trap made of? Does it have an adamantium edge or something?

katydid91 31

Wolverine:Origins movie has a scene where he destroys a bathroom similar to Op.

If you are smart you will immediately offer to pay for the repair. Regardless of what it costs its cheaper than that being the way your partners mom thinks of you from now on.

you're not suppose to flap in there, wait til you get home next time