By toto13660 - 29/06/2016 20:10

Today, at the beach, a seagull conveyed its opinion of my cigarette by taking a dump on it, putting it out. Seems they have anti-tobacco sniper seagulls now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 521
You deserved it 469

Top comments

Catch it, breed it, and make the world a better place

@17: No one said quitting was easy. But it's worth doing for your own health (and your family's health). It's a gradual and frustrating process that is intimidating to start. Which is why some people need a little nudge... like for instance getting splatter bombed by a seagull. ;-P

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I don't think you understand how hard it is to quit, many people want to but find it very hard to. Stop being so judgemental and try to understand that not all smokers are completely evil monsters who smoke to piss people off.

@17: No one said quitting was easy. But it's worth doing for your own health (and your family's health). It's a gradual and frustrating process that is intimidating to start. Which is why some people need a little nudge... like for instance getting splatter bombed by a seagull. ;-P

"quitting is hard" isn't an excuse not to quit. Sure, it is difficult, but I would think your own health and not dying and crap is important enough to do something difficult. Not to mention saving tons of money.

#1: I'm against smoking too; I never have and never will, but it's a choice. Telling them to stop is almost like saying to them "stop drinking coffee" or "stop watching TV".

Less of a choice, more of a struggle, as they are addictive; you almost had a point with coffee, though, because caffeine can also be addictive.

I promise one does not simply stop smoking

#26 One difference is however that with smoking, in most cases, you jeopardize your health as well as others'.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

#26 it was meant more as an encouragement than an order. And by the way, drinking coffee doesn't jeopardize other people's health. It also, in most cases, coffee doesn't produce offensive smell ... On the contrary, most people actually enjoy the smell of freshly brewed coffee. Watching TV also typically only harms the watchers mental wellbeing, unless it's an older person turning the set up loud enough for the whole neighborhood to enjoy it :-) Quitting to smoke isn't difficult at all. It's the not letting yourself do it again part that is the worst. Seen it in my family and friends many times. Even cancer can't make people stop for good all by itself.

What if you can't move away because they're smoking in a public place such as at a bus stop or by some outdoor seating at a restaurant? They should be more considerate and move, not the other way round!

#42 then they should be banned from having pets and kids of any kind. They cannot "just stay away". If the person is single, not a parent, and doesn't have animals, then it's completely their choice. Otherwise, they are being completely irresponsible and they're completely at fault. Quitting is difficult, it's true. But smoking on a beach? Endangering sentient beings that had no say in the decision for said person to smoke? If they're only endangering their own life- I'm totally with you. Otherwise, I think OP needs someone to help make decisions in their life.

I don't think catching a whiff of tobacco smoke at the beach is going to give you cancer

Why has your comment been so down voted it's so true

Going to a sauna helps you sweat out the nicotine and quit easier

You're going to die anyway. Might as well enjoy it!

Smoking doesn't sound like something a person really enjoys doing though.

If you don't smoke then you obviously wouldn't understand what a smoker enjoys.

I smoked for 15 years and quit 25 years ago, when I realized I was spending the equivalent of a new Gibson Les Paul Standard every year on tobacco. These days I enjoy the 24/7 benefits of not smoking a lot more than I ever did the 5 minute bump I got from a cig. It's hard to quit any drug but it is well worth doing. Not preachin', not judgin', just sayin'.

Thats a great thought process... we're gonna die anyway, why not smoke some crack?

Catch it, breed it, and make the world a better place

Catch it and train it to shit on your worst enemies cars.

mcruff 12

"The beach is tobacco smoke free" is what it would say

Just be thankful they didn't choose to train golden eagles for this role!

Fight the peer pressure! Light a seagull on fire and teach them to respect your individuality!

ironically most people start smoking due to peer pressure

FML_HelloItsMe 15

And thats how illuminati was made.

"Target acquired. Moving in for the payload delivery. Releasing fecal matter. . . Mission accomplished. I'm coming home. ATS 4, over and out"

Gull, you switched off your targeting computer. What's wrong?

I bet that seagull use to have a friend called goose

catanita 18

Seagull, Steven Seagull. He was trained by the Penguins from Madagascar.