By weirdfridgelady - 21/09/2018 05:56

Today, after a long shift at work, I got home feeling sick and nauseous. I went to remove the tampon I'd had in all day and go to bed, but I literally uncorked myself. There was blood everywhere... on the floor, all over my legs, even on the walls. Everywhere I look, I find more. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 261
You deserved it 898

weirdfridgelady tells us more.

Thanks for support and backup. Because I am aware of the risks of TSS but I just simply didn’t have time to change my tampon, and yes I had a pad also. Also the first time it’s happened to me, so just a bad and very messy day, I’m usually much more hygienic with those sorts of things.

Top comments

i imaginwnyou might know by now but be careful to go to the hospital if you think you might have Toxic Shock Syndrome

You need to change your tampon every few hours otherwise you could get toxic shock syndrome. That's probably at least part of why you felt sick.

Comments

Bloody hell. That’s not good. Period.

MamaChey 24

I literally just LOL!!! LMFAOROFL!!!

i imaginwnyou might know by now but be careful to go to the hospital if you think you might have Toxic Shock Syndrome

Yes I am aware, and thank you for your concern. It all turned out okay, besides the mess.

You need to change your tampon every few hours otherwise you could get toxic shock syndrome. That's probably at least part of why you felt sick.

Yes I know, just wasn’t able too at work. Not a regular occurrence for me.

It worries me to read so many stories from gals out there who don’t know what Toxic Shock Syndrome is and either fall super ill or die from it. Please do go to the hospital if the pain keeps up.

How did you take out a tampon and get blood anywhere but down into the toilet? And that much blood would have just bled through the tampon earlier.

there might have been a blood clot or (and sorry for being nasty, but theres no other way to put it) a large chunk of uterus lining blocking the blood from getting to the end of the tampon. not usual, but can happen. it sucks lol

Yeah, okay, but when you take the tampon out, you’re over the toilet. It just wouldn’t go in the right direction to do what’s described.

snake_gal 8

some people need to stand up with one leg on toilet etc for application and removal...

Deez_Knots 10

I would think and hope that I speak for all women here when I say, “LEAVE THE FML FORUM AND DON’T LOOK BACK, YOU DISGUSTING PERV!!!”

MaureenBee 2

Damn! Maybe don’t wait so long to change your tampon? Or wear pads if you’re not up to the maintenance. Gross!

You do know you have to change pads too, right?

I like (not) how people ‘liked’ this comment when this person was just speaking the truth.

Suaria 38

I think the person meant that you don't have to change pads as often as tampons.

But there's a decreased likelihood of TSS with pads if you forget to change them, compared to tampons where it is a far more serious risk.

<i>you don't have to change pads as often as tampons.</i> In what universe? Just from a flow-control perspective, pads have to be changed much more often than tampons, especially on a heavy-flow day. and there's much less chance of catastrophic over-flow with a tampon.

YDI. I'm sorry, but it says right on the directions to change your tampon every four hours. I'm also smelling bullshit

might not have been able to get to the bathroom to change it. almost wet myself a few times when i worked at walmart and cashiered at one of the local grocery stores cause it was simply too busy for me to go

Then tampons are probably not suitable for OP. Maybe a menstrual cup or one of those thinx underwear might be better.

chives611 5

I hope you went to the hospital because that's very serious!

Toxic Shock Syndrome is no joke, I went to the funeral of the first Rely super tampon TSS victim when I was a young teen. Took me a decade to use tampons again.