School's out for summer, thank God!

By reluctant teacher - 15/06/2019 19:41 - United States - Clarksville

Today, I had 15 teenagers literally laugh in my face when I asked them to be quiet. I'm a student teaching in a high school, which is the culmination of 2 years of my life and $20,000, and I might in fact actually hate doing it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 736
You deserved it 304

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey. No shame in doing something else. I fight with that decision every year... I’ve been teaching for seven now and with all the policy changes, kid behavioral problems, and lack of teacher support I’m fiddling with finding a new career.

Are you allowed to slam books down for belligerent teenagers?

Comments

Are you allowed to slam books down for belligerent teenagers?

Nope it falls under emotional abuse in most schools 🙄

How about body slamming the students? Better yet, each time a kid steps out of line, perform a finishing move of a WWE wrestler. I'm sure they'd behave after a suplex or two.

Hey. No shame in doing something else. I fight with that decision every year... I’ve been teaching for seven now and with all the policy changes, kid behavioral problems, and lack of teacher support I’m fiddling with finding a new career.

First, if you’re not feeling it, don’t be a teacher. It’s my passion and I still struggle to return to it every year. It’s just tough being a teacher in the US. Second, where did you get a teaching degree in 2 years for $20,000?? I get that you’re still a student, but student teaching usually comes at the end of your schooling. I’m jealous!

and the reason you didnt put the fear of God into them is?