By @Skmermaid - 12/10/2018 20:00

Today, I'm learning how to manually drain a washing machine. #FML @Skmermaid
I agree, your life sucks 1 645
You deserved it 219

Top comments

bluhbluhbluh 14

What's the FML here? That's a damn good skill to know, and it means you save a fortune by doing it yourself, instead of calling a plumber.

Comments

bluhbluhbluh 14

So...Siphoning? Didn't you learn how to do it in automotive class using a tube and your mouth with gasoline? I got a C+!

Only a C+? Did you blow some of it back into the tank?

Why yes! And jeez, no one here watched Trailer Park Boys? Shit man, I thought I'd get at least one person understanding the reference. ;(

Give me a break. There's a lot of things on TV I've never seen. Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad... Hell, I only saw It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia because I was off work sick, and binged it on Netflix.

What's the FML here? That's a damn good skill to know, and it means you save a fortune by doing it yourself, instead of calling a plumber.

tounces7 27

The FML is that OP has a washer full of water to deal with. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

Cool! Next you can move on to toilets. Once you get good at that, then they give you gloves.

It's not that hard to do. There is a hose / pipe coming out of the back of your washer. This is how the washer drains normally. In many utility rooms, this dumps water from the pump into a mop-sink. In some it pumps directly into the sewer system. Take that down and lay it on the floor -- only if you have a floor drain though. If you don't have a floor drain, you will need at least two, maybe three (more if the washer is full of water) buckets to drain into. You will only need to siphon if this pipe is solid instead of flexible. Source: I had to drain a washer one time. The installer with the new one showed me how it's done. :) :) :)