By Mary - 30/07/2017 05:00

Today, my officemate used the telephone beside my desk again. I still can't think of a better way to tell him how awful bad his breath is without the having to do it personally. We've been workmates for a year now and he still hasn't gotten a clue, despite of me covering my nose every time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 677
You deserved it 585

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some people know but just don't care. I told my ex time and again that kissing him was like tonguing a dog's ass, but he never did anything to fix it.

Get a huge bucket of mints and a typed note saying, "USE THESE and invest in a toothbrush and toothpaste, and USE THEM for the love of mercy. Your breath smells like *insert comparison." While he is out of the office, put them on his desk, tape the note to the bucket, and wait. If he doesn't have a desk, have it delivered to him anonymously. For best results, use a bright coloured piece of paper so he can't "miss" it. You can also put a pack of toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, and mouth wash in there if you REALLY want him to get the hint. If that doesn't work, talk to HR about it, because if his dental hygiene is bad, it's very likely that his general hygiene is as well.

Comments

Seriously? Get a pack of minty fresh gum, and when he comes by just silently offer him the gum without saying a word. No judgement, no embarrassment. It's not difficult! (Same with someone with bogies. Just hand them a tissue without saying anything. If they have the brains god gave a goat, they'll get it.)

Give him breath mints -- and toilet paper.

wtfdaemon 3

Grow a pair of balls and just tell him, plainly and unmistakably, to his face.

wtfdaemon 3

Grow a pair of balls and just tell him, plainly and unmistakably, to his face.