By anashaalmajiid - 05/03/2009 23:26 - United States

Today, my dad and a construction worker were having a long talk. I heard the door slam, and assumed that this worker had left. So I yelled out "Hey dad what were you talking about? Did you talk slowly so the idiot could understand?" Turns out my dad was the one who had walked out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 879
You deserved it 68 184

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's why you don't call random people an idiot, idiot.

You really deserved it. What do you gain in assuming that construction workers are stupid?

Comments

sweetjosephine 0

Serves you right,you bitch. who are you to judge based on someone's profession? My architecture professor, who went to school the period equivalent of a doctor, often does construction, and most often talks to the clients. Not to mention Architectural degrees sometimes, depending on the school, rank more difficult than medical degrees. And even if that wasn't the case, even if he was just a construction worker, that doesn't make him an idiot. My father worked construction his whole life-and he knows more about physics than your average human. Not to mention he could build an entire house by himself. You're a pretentious ass, and I wish that guy would have punched you in the face. You deserve that, you douche.

gogogor 0

Today I was working out the specifications of a construction project with a client out in the suburbs. The man seemed very respectful and I figured he was going to treat me well. Then he steps outside to check the work in his backyard and tells me I can relax inside. His son hears the door close and calls out from the other room, "Hey dad what were you talking about? Did you talk slowly so the idiot could understand?" FML

What if the construction worker's friend said "Oh, did you talk simple enough so the red neck old fart and his hillbilly kid would understand?" [btw, that was an example, so don't go arguing you're not white.]

Fckmerunnin 0

wow. i hope one day you learn some respect

Oh my God... Seriously people. He said NOWHERE that he was calling the man an idiot because he was a construction worker. You have absolutely no facts to support that and are jumping to extreme conclusions. How do you know the guy wasn't horrible at his job or really was an idiot? Yes, the OP deserved this because he really should have checked before yelling something. But come on, people have been called much worse than that on this site, but just because it was a construction worker that was insulted, it must mean that the OP is a rich, arrogant, douche bag. Why does that even make any sense? If it had been some lawyer, most people would end up cheering for the OP...

sasha717 0

really???? why would you even say that? you're a moron.

anashaalmajiid 0

LEAVE HER ALONE!! she's probably suicidal now

Chocolate_Chunk 2

We all can see your username and the medal beside your post. Everyone knows you're the OP. Pretty awkward, isn't it? Guess who is the real idiot?

Wow. My ex fiance was a construction worker, working seven days a week 5am to 6pm to stay financially afloat. I have never met a more competent and amazing man than he. I cannot imagine what I would do if I were to hear him THAT disrespected.