By Karmas3itch - 12/05/2009 04:19 - United States

Today, I was taking a bath and needed shampoo. I leaned on the soap holder to get some and it came off the wall. Huge ants started pouring out running up the walls, down the walls, EVERYWHERE. I ran out of the bathroom screaming, completely naked. FML
I agree, your life sucks 84 916
You deserved it 6 756

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

*trembles* Not only FYL, but FML because now I'm going to be paranoid all day and have nightmares tonight! Seriously, I keep seeing ants out of the corner of my eyes, now! T_T

#48. You are right that most showers are covered in tile and the little plastic shelves are added later, but behind the tile there is probably wooden studs that the wall boards and tile are attached to. Water can get behind the tile in a number of ways including a small crack in the grout or from a leaky pipe behind the wall. If the wood an wall boards are damaged by carpenter ants (#34) then the tile will easily pull off the wall with a little force since there is nothing behind it holding it up anymore. The adhesive used to hold the shelf on is very strong and water resistant, so essentially the shelve and the tile become one piece even though the shelf is not technically build into the wall. I don't see why someone would make up an FML like this.

fretforyerlatte 0

::shudders:: and how exactly would OP have deserved this? it's the ******* bathroom! not like she has sugary sweets hidden there to attract them.

I would bet that those are termites... potentially very very expensive! FYL for sure! (or whomever owns the house!) Consider it a blessing that you accidentally broke of the soap tray to find them so that the problem can be taken care of before it gets any worse!!!!

It sounds like you may have an ant problem.

Ewwwwwwww! My biggest fear is ants. Shit, I would have fainted I think. FYL. Hahaha. Today, a whole colony of ants poured out from my wall onto me in the shower. I have a HUGE fear of ants so I fainted and my mom heard the thud. She rushed in to find me naked and covered in ants. FML

couragewolf9001 0

You panicked, but your life was not in danger. If they were spiders, then I would advise you to do something drastic.

ew #68 I can't even imagine what that would've been like with spiders D:

suaveneanderthal 0

jesus christ this reminds me of the movie arachnaphobia where all the spiders come out from behind the toilet that movie ******* ruined me because i saw it when i was like 3 and flipped shit. so i can only imagine what it must of been like in real life...

#59 I read that story too. Here's the link http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/1932509.stm. They're an invasive species of ant from Argentina. As for the OP, how exactly did she deserve this? I'm glad she got out of there without slipping on the wet tub or floor (as I probably would have).