By beat10 - 30/03/2009 04:13 - United States

Today, I was fired for "customer dissatisfaction." I work in IT and have never met one of my company's customers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 594
You deserved it 4 173

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How can people vote "you deserved that one" on this :/

You sure about that? Even via e-mail? Or a phone call that you may have been a little rude to the person because you had never met them? Because I.T guys are well known for their temperament and patience when it comes to speaking with plebs on the phone/e-mail. For the record I am in IT. So I get how it happened. You just got to be more careful about that. Even if you think you were joking or being funny. the wrong person reading it could take it another way and get you outta there very quickly. But on the off chance you actually didn't do or say anything wrong to this person, well then **** them. I hope you gave them a nice virus or at least reset all their passwords/encyrpted all their e-mails before you left.

Comments

The economy sucks and they don't want to have to pay you unemployment. Easier for them to skirt this if they claim it was your own fault you're unemployed.

thinkpink 0

Economy sucks. They let you go on a retarded reason. Sue for wrongful termination.

JackDupp 11

Like the previous posters said, the internal employees are your customers, and if you never met them, well then maybe thats why. I work in IT too, and we have one or two people who seem to work in a vacuum and are clueless to the company business.

IT? don't you work directly with employees? they might not have an "employee dissatisfaction" option, but since you serve other employees, they figured "customer dissat." might have been good enough... either way, everyone's looking for reasons to fire anyone, so don't sweat it. no one will hold it against you for being fired at this point in time.

bread_fml 0

You apparently don't know what a customer is.

bread_fml 0