By germx - 18/03/2009 04:07 - United States

Today, I was at my job in the Dean of Students office. My boss gave me some papers to copy. As I was copying, I read in a report that my boyfriend was written up for "cohabitation" (having a girl stay over) at my Catholic university. The report was from a weekend I wasn't at school. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 352
You deserved it 4 201

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Post a copy to him with a note letting him know he's dumped :) he'd deserve it. Unless of course you've made a mistake. That's probably worth checking.

HANGtheFREAK 0

Ask him what they were doing. If he says they were "studying for a test" ask him for what class. If you don't have that class, ask him WHO exactly it was. Go up to her. If she tries to run; they did it. If she smiles when she sees you; they did it. If she acts as if you're not there; they did it. If she says "i don't know what you're talking about"; they did it. if she tells you;they didn't....or it just might be a cover story, so;they still could have done it.

Comments

#9 (in her response to # 3 & 8) misogyny: hatred of women this is not an example of hatred of women, it is an example of the hatred of women who do not put out enough. this in fact would imply that these men like women (should they put out enough). get your facts and definitions straight. thank you.

#5, you're crazy. glad you ain't in our lives lol

ashleey_fml 0

well maybe this girl was stranded and needed a place to go and your bf is really an amazing nice guy and he gave her a place to stay for the night, or maybe she is just a friend.. guys can have just girls as friends you know, it i possible dont just jump to conclusions, ask him about it.

#11: I think using a point-blank dictionary term for 'misogyny' is ridiculous. While the direct meaning is 'hatred of women', the way the word is used contextually goes beyond such a meager definition. Judging the value of a woman based on whether or not she puts out enough inherently implies an ideology in which women are essentially debased to sexual objects. This still might not necessarily mean a 'hatred of women', but certainly, in my opinion, would qualify for being a misogynistic view.

Wow, #11, do you also believe that women who are raped 'deserved it'? Because based on your logic, that's not a far stretch. These men may in fact "like women (should they put out enough)" but what they "like" is not the woman herself, but the woman as a sex object. In fact, your entire string of logical gymnastics (limited though it is) reduces down to simply that: women are "liked" for their bodies. If we can say that such a sex appeal is enough to discount a charge of misogynistic attitudes, then it becomes incredibly apparent that it's the entire culture that is misogynist, catering to the desires of men while subordinating those of women. From here it really isn't a far stretch to justify not only the complete objectification of women (which is what the phrase "he cheated on you because you didn't put out enough" does!), but also the rape of women on the grounds that she was only raped because he really liked her (and therefore she should appreciate the attention). Do you see how easy it is to get carried away with all this? I do not need to "get my facts and definitions straight" (whatever that means); such statements about "putting out" are inherently misogynist. No amount of razzle-dazzle or qualification is going to change that. Think of it in converse: could you make a similar claim about a man who was cheated on by his girlfriend? Sure, you could, but it would sound ludicrous: he didn't put out enough? Does that even make sense to most of us? No, because it's about power -- and men have it, which is what makes comments about women not putting out enough misogynist. I stand by what I said before: no one deserves to be told they were cheated on because they didn't perform enough sexually. If the cheating partner were to say such a thing, it would be very clearly abuse; we can no more tolerate that from a partner than from outside "advice". It is disrespectful and degrading.

ur fingers must be cramped from writing that big ass college educated comment

DashiDaKlown 4

sometimes i'm amazed with the extreme intelligence of people who comment here. i guess it shows that smart people do things faster than normal people hence they have more extra time in their hands to post serious argument in the comment section. or they could be just geeks who has no friends. with that said, good one, #15.

#13 - if she was indeed just a friend, then the boyfriend would be crazy not to run it by the girlfriend first. Under no circumstances would I spend a platonic night with a female friend without talking it through with my girlfriend, reassuring her and gaining her trust and consent for the plan. Foolish boy, he's clearly hiding something.

@15 While cheating is definitely wrong, no matter on what grounds, what would you do if you were with someone who didn't please you sexually ? stay with him and suffer silently ? being sexually happy is an important part of a relationship, in my opinion @OP Cheating is grounds for dumping his ass, but I would suggest to get your facts straight prior to doing so

@15 Your speech would have been a lot better if it was full of wrong information. Men are sexually driven, a lack of sex is one of many reasons a man may cheat. So not "putting out" enough would be the cause. Men also don't have all the control, at least when it comes to sex, otherwise she would be "putting out" enough.

Based on the fact you were out of town that weekend and he had a female "visitor" you didn't know about, your instincts might be spot-on...he was cheating...but if you know him well enough and ask him personally, you can tell if he's fibbing or not. If he did have a wild night with another girl, move on. You don't need any leftover-***** on your body. Sorry, that's crude, but really...