By Anonymous - 10/11/2012 02:09 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I noticed my husband was acting moody, and I asked him what was wrong. He replied that he didn't know, so trying to lighten the mood, I facetiously said, "It's 'cause you're stuck with me, isn't it?" He nodded, trundled off, and hasn't shown his face since. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 577
You deserved it 4 535

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jaylaufers 13

Looks like its time for marriage counseling. Good luck.

Comments

perdix 29

I love how the word "facetious" sounds somewhat like "feces," because, in this case, you really stepped in the shit.

sugarshane007 20

She didn't step in it, she dove in head first.

yodas0da 12

aww.. time to be real & remind him why you two fell in love :)

MaydayParade1476 14
yodas0da 12

that defeats the purpose of marriage.

Marriage isn't always about love, 59. Marriages are often arranged for personal gain, in an attempt to join two families, or for religious reasons. It's terribly sad, but true.

sugarshane007 20

Well, you just had to ask, didn't you? Take this as a lesson, sometimes when people are moody they just need time to themselves, or consoling, not humor. Happiness and humor is appreciated, but it doesn't solve everything.

Why would you think that would lighten the mood? In what universe would that work? You want to make him feel better? Flash your boobs, make him some tea, and wait, what was I saying?

Marrach 7

Haha both comments together were hilarious. The part where Doc will flash his man boobs and make us tea is the best part.

At least he's honest. Sometimes as women we don't even know what's wrong. We get seemingly sad for no apparent reason.

It's not like he sat her down for a talk, he was just sulking without being willing to discuss it. Nodding and walking away is not exactly good communication.

Maybe he didn't want to say the wrong thing so he took a second for himself to gain some perspective.

Well you should make the first move and talk to him. You're not in middle school or high school anymore, where you wait for him to say something to you first or give him the silent treatment. Talk to him over dinner together, and try to figure some things out. He was either kidding or serious.

Not many possibilities apart from 'kidding' and 'serious' when you consider this one particular aspect, are they?

I wouldn't call that facetious, I'd call it attention-seeking.

Careful what you ask, you might get the truth & the truth hurts! At least he was honest & you know where you stand. Maybe some marriage counseling would help.